The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Madison Bowey

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

41 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Bowey and Juulsen provide a more physical approach which should hopefully result in less injuries. . 

Juulsen I can see earning a spot on the team as a bottom pairing defenseman. 

Bowey is a good depth piece moving forward. I don’t see him as a regular defenseman in the NHL, not even with the Canuck’s defense which has to be one of the worst in the league. 

If Bowey can break into one of the worst defensive corps in the league, well, that’s definitely saying something about the quality of the player. 

Is Poolman eligible for tomorrow night’s game against the Laughs?

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Didn't get a chance to watch the game.  That is just... so typical for the Canucks.  Brutal for Brisebois.

Anyone know how long Brisebois is going to be out for? How did he get injured? Man, that’s a tough break for the young man. It feels like he’s been around the league forever, but the guy’s only 24? 

1 minute ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Boudreau's last season with the Caps was 2011-2012 and Bowey was drafted in 2013 so I don't think there was any overlap.

It's funny that I generally think of Boudreau with the Caps but that was about 10-years ago.

When I think about Washington, I think about Boudreau. He was with that team for a long time wasn’t he? 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Is it about time where we start to go...

Fuuuu GIFs | Tenor

:sadno:

Jeeez. Our defense just continues to be decimated. Just in time for HNIC against the Leafs too, no less. 

It’s actually a bit of a miracle that the team has continued to win with all the losses on the backend. That’s a testament to Boudreau and his staff’s strategy, and getting the players to buy in. 

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Juulsen I can see earning a spot on the team as a bottom pairing defenseman. 

Bowey is a good depth piece moving forward. I don’t see him as a regular defenseman in the NHL, not even with the Canuck’s defense which has to be one of the worst in the league. 

If Bowey can break into one of the worst defensive corps in the league, well, that’s definitely saying something about the quality of the player. 

Is Poolman eligible for tomorrow night’s game against the Laughs?

I don't see the Canucks having near the worst defenses in the NHL. While it isn't Tampa Bay, it's better than Edmonton. Especially with Shaw running it. 

• Cheers 1