The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/UPDATE: Game(s) Postponed] December 18, 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs (20-8-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (14-15-2) at 4:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, combover said:

The integrity of the games are compromised.

we have two nhl dmen in the line up. player safety clearly isn’t a concern of the league. 

we have added atleast one player to protocol everyday for the past 4 days. 
I’d say  all games should be canceled till after the Christmas break so these guys can stay or get heathy and spend time with there families. 

Is nhl just waiting till all the teams are like the flames? 

Looks like if you are able to ice a team (regardless of the roster quality) you have to play. The Canucks are right on the precipice right now.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't see how that d corp is able to handle Mathews

8 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

They are missing Tavares, Marner, Kerfoot, Simmonds, Spezza. 

So yea... they’re missing 3 of their 4 centres. Plus the RW on their top line. 

Put D forwards on him. Play him strong. No problem

1 minute ago, combover said:

The integrity of the games are compromised.

we have two nhl dmen in the line up. player safety clearly isn’t a concern of the league. 

we have added atleast one player to protocol everyday for the past 4 days. 
I’d say  all games should be canceled till after the Christmas break so these guys can stay or get heathy and spend time with there families. 

Is nhl just waiting till all the teams are like the flames? 

Opting out of the Olympics would give the league a chance to play all the missed games during that time. I really was looking forward to the game tonite but they should shut down for 2 weeks and give everyone a chance to get well, keep a distance to teammates and spend some time with families. Win/win all around.

Olympics are not gonna happen now, that is pretty obvious.

• Cheers 1

Relax guys. Leafs are down some key pieces upfront. Nucks are short on the back end. I expect this to be a scramble game where it's all about capitalizing on mistakes. 

Canucks can win this so long as our forwards can pot some goals. 

Expect a high chances high scoring game. 

6-4 Nucks.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Spoosh said:

Opting out of the Olympics would give the league a chance to play all the missed games during that time. I really was looking forward to the game tonite but they should shut down for 2 weeks and give everyone a chance to get well, keep a distance to teammates and spend some time with families. Win/win all around.

I think the Olympics, in general, are unlikely for all athletes at this point

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I would way rather play the Leafs when they’re missing half of their top 6, and we’re missing half of our D (the exact situation tonight)  Rather than teams fully healthy. 

I think this is actually a good time for us to play them. Everyone is acting like the NHL is screwing us... but this is our best chance to beat them actually. 

Edited by Bure_of_94
  • Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

Hughes and OEL are going to have to play over 30 minutes each today . 

If I were Boudreau I’d approach Quinn and ask him him if he’d be up to playing every other shift on D. The way he skates I think he could do it. And I think with the swagger he has, Quinn would embrace it. What’s the record amount of minutes played by a D-man in a 60 minute game?

9 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I would way rather play the Leafs when they’re missing half of their top 6, and we’re missing half of our D (the exact situation tonight)  Rather than teams fully healthy. 

I think this is actually a good time for us to play them. Everyone is acting like the NHL is screwing us... but this is our best chance to beat them actually. 

Steve Dangle and some other Leafs fans are saying that the Leafs do not have the confidence they have had. They get the pressure and they start to fold.

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

Looks like if you are able to ice a team (regardless of the roster quality) you have to play. The Canucks are right on the precipice right now.

Roster quality should be second to players heath and safety. don’t  you think.

if it were injuries then yeah play but this is something different. 
sjs must be stoked they played us now that two more have been added to protocol since that game. 

it’s just stupid. Bettman talks of integrity of the game and player heath and safety..huh. 

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Nashville played two nights ago with 8 guys out of the lineup.

The league isn't screwing the Nucks. The deal is, if you can ice a lineup with NHL contract players, you're playing.

This is the world we live in. 

Let's make it 7-0-0!!

Wait... I'm confused here... What is the minimum NHL contract guys a team must dress??  Then how come the Flames can't keep calling up guys from their farm?? 

10 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

Not sure I understand why Olympics are even still an option. 

Is the nhl getting $$$$$$ or something for letting players go. 

Edited by combover