The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Ashton Sautner

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Just got a report that Myers is in Covid Protocol. 

If this game goes ahead we're boned. 

The team will have to shut down for the holidays it seems. 

It's something that no hockey fan wants, but it seems to me the most prudent thing to do would be to shut down the whole NHL until after Christmas.  They've already shut down four teams.  Instead of waiting until there is no choice and there is a huge number of positive cases maybe the NHL should be a little bit proactive at least.  GCG!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nux_win said:

It's something that no hockey fan wants, but it seems to me the most prudent thing to do would be to shut down the whole NHL until after Christmas.  They've already shut down four teams.  Instead of waiting until there is no choice and there is a huge number of positive cases maybe the NHL should be a little bit proactive at least.  GCG!

I wouldn't be surprised that they announce Sunday Morning they are shutting down for two weeks. The funny thing is they can use Covid as an excuse to not go to the Olympics. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Just got a report that Myers is in Covid Protocol. 

If this game goes ahead we're boned. 

The team will have to shut down for the holidays it seems. 

Impossible!!!  The PHO and Aqua had a handshake deal to make sure full house tonight!! 

3 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Impossible!!!  The PHO and Aqua had a handshake deal to make sure full house tonight!! 

They are going to 50% on the 20th. I would not be surprised if the League does that themselves. 

At least they are doing something. Unlike the NFL who will hire people in street clothes if needed to continue playing Football. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

They are going to 50% on the 20th. I would not be surprised if the League does that themselves. 

At least they are doing something. Unlike the NFL who will hire people in street clothes if needed to continue playing Football. 

Yup... Pretty crazy to see fully packed stadiums in EPL games now!! Some countries like UK have grown numb and they just wanna see $$$ flowing in!  

I sort of thought Cameron Schilling was gonna get the NHL contract before Sautner. That said, good for Sautner to get an NHL contract again with the team. Well deserved for a true company man.

Sucks he signed the day games are postponed but hopefully they keep him on the roster and he gets some NHL money.

54 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I wouldn't be surprised that they announce Sunday Morning they are shutting down for two weeks. The funny thing is they can use Covid as an excuse to not go to the Olympics. 

I've always been a supporter of NHL players going to the Olympics but this year is an exception.  There's actually two good reasons not to go.  One is Covid and the other is that the Chinese government needs to be sent a strong message that their antics on the world stage (and what they do at home) will not be tolerated (anymore).  I wouldn't call either an "excuse" though, they are both valid reasons.  I think that we and our allies should have opted for a full boycott instead of the meaningless "diplomatic" boycott.

Anyway, since this is a thread about Sautner, I suppose I should add a "welcome aboard".  Let's see what he can do.  What a drag to lose Myers just when he was playing well but that's the way it goes.  Next up...  GCG!

• Cheers 1