The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Claude Giroux

On 12/19/2021 at 4:08 PM, J-Dizzle said:

There’s 0 chance he gets a max contract in dollar or term. 

Yes what he's likely to get is a Sedin like final contract, 3-5 years in the 7-8 range.   Could be wrong, he is one of the best C's since him and Crosby joined the league...Pavelski like deal is probable too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

On 12/18/2021 at 10:02 PM, MaxVerstappen33 said:

He's going to get a max contract from someone and they will regret it. I'll pass on anyone on their third/4th contract at this age.

But hey, Rutherford is our GM. Maybe he wants to make a move for him :unsure:

You seem to be way off on your understanding of GM's and contracts. Nothing you said about JR has come true. As far as Giroux he's 33 years old. No one is giving him a max contract in this economic climate. I think a 3 x $7 is pretty reasonable. he's still close to PPG but look at his GP, now that is impressive.

image.png.49cb6bf82ce3f85711bf711f6af03042.png

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

You seem to be way off on your understanding of GM's and contracts. Nothing you said about JR has come true. As far as Giroux he's 33 years old. No one is giving him a max contract in this economic climate. I think a 3 x $7 is pretty reasonable. he's still close to PPG but look at his GP, now that is impressive.

You know you are a Canucks fan when a player not getting injured is a big deal. Lol

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2021 at 8:16 PM, Fanuck said:

Giroux's peak was 5 years ago, he can still produce,  but he's clearly a declining asset.   He'd be a good rental piece to add to a contending team, but some team is going to overpay him on his next contract and regret it.  That team should definitely not be us.  

Vegas

On 12/21/2021 at 2:14 PM, Gawdzukes said:

Yes.  Without covid, and another four full seasons, he'd actually in inline to a pretty similar career to the Sedins, 1300 games and 1100 ish points.   Claude Giroux is right up near the top of the class with the guys that came in around Crosby.   Pretty easy to imagine he can get another 250 points with his next deal, and adding the ones he's missed because of covid. 

Edited by IBatch

On 12/19/2021 at 12:47 PM, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Great player.  Must have been about 5 yrs. ago that he got drunk in a bar in downtown Ottawa and grabbed a cop's ass.  One bad dude. 

have you lived a perfect life?

are you one good dude?

or as they say in the Bible

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

On 12/29/2021 at 9:03 AM, lmm said:

have you lived a perfect life?

are you one good dude?

or as they say in the Bible

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Don't know what triggered that moral avalanche, but for the record:  I actually think that what Giroux did was pretty funny, way funnier than the stupid stuff I did when I was young and drunk.  I also think its more honourable to do something like that to a person who can push back (like a cop) than someone who can't (like most women and children).  So I've got no problem with the guy and think he's badass.  But I also think it's funny 

On 12/30/2021 at 9:51 AM, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Don't know what triggered that moral avalanche, but for the record:  I actually think that what Giroux did was pretty funny, way funnier than the stupid stuff I did when I was young and drunk.  I also think its more honourable to do something like that to a person who can push back (like a cop) than someone who can't (like most women and children).  So I've got no problem with the guy and think he's badass.  But I also think it's funny 

avalanche? 

it was barely a snowball