The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What’s your wildest night out story?

Rate this topic

Odd.

I was at some nightclub yesterday with a group of friends knowing after Monday things were shutting down for COVID.

Everything was well until around an hour before closing when I saw my friend getting pushed around by a group of 20-22 year olds. Now I don’t normally go around fighting a group of teenagers but I lost it. Next thing you know one of the 8 bouncers come and try to separate the mess. Not knowing if he was part of security or one of the guys I was brawling with, I pushed him and that’s when all hell broke loose.

8 bouncers leave the front entrance and start rushing in and they all threw me down to the ground. 2 of the bouncers lift my arms, the other 2 lift my legs, the other 2-3 are there for support and they dragged me out, literally. Keep in mind I’m about 6’5.5 215lbs.

They literally chucked me out of the club like I was some teenage brat and that was that. Definitely not one of my proudest moments.

Genuinely curious to know if there are people here who have had crazier experiences.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

When young, galloped my horse (in the dark) up to the edge of the coulee.  It was something we (stupid boys) did.  Whomever stopped closer to the edge won.  Our horses were smart though, so knew where the edge was, and would stop without rein.  Went ass over tea kettle and tumbled down a few times though.  

I guess farm boys are kind of boring.  

• Like 2
Just now, canuckspride said:

Hang on...

You fought 20-22 1yr old kids and were surprised you got kicked out?

For context, I’m 26. And no I wasn’t surprised, definitely should have been kicked out LOL.

I stepped in for my 24 year old friend, and one of the others gave me a sucker punch out of nowhere. Yeah..

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

When young, galloped my horse (in the dark) up to the edge of the coulee.  It was something we (stupid boys) did.  Whomever stopped closer to the edge won.  Our horses were smart though, so knew where the edge was, and would stop without rein.  Went ass over tea kettle and tumbled down a few times though.  

I guess farm boys are kind of boring.  

Sounds like Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump, Alf.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

For context, I’m 26. And no I wasn’t surprised, definitely should have been kicked out LOL.

I stepped in for my 24 year old friend, and one of the others gave me a sucker punch out of nowhere. Yeah..

Ah ok. These were adults. Make sense now.

My wildest night was probably the night before the Full Moon Party in Thailand. Three of us backpackers were sharing a single bungalow and went out that night to party. Big buckets of booze, fire skip rope and shots, shots and more shots. What finished the night off was a booth selling nitrous filled balloons. We grab the first one but are too hammered and it flies away. We get a second one and both take turns inhaling it. The rest of the night was a blur. We woke up in the morning missing 1 friend and somehow gained an extra mattress in the bungalow.

We could never really piece together the night. But it is probably best that way right?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, canuckspride said:

Ah ok. These were adults. Make sense now.

My wildest night was probably the night before the Full Moon Party in Thailand. Three of us backpackers were sharing a single bungalow and went out that night to party. Big buckets of booze, fire skip rope and shots, shots and more shots. What finished the night off was a booth selling nitrous filled balloons. We grab the first one but are too hammered and it flies away. We get a second one and both take turns inhaling it. The rest of the night was a blur. We woke up in the morning missing 1 friend and somehow gained an extra mattress in the bungalow.

We could never really piece together the night. But it is probably best that way right?

Jeez, definitely somewhere in that timeline, you guys had a happy ending massage ;)

Birthday in my 20's. My friend took me around downtown for a pub crawl. Went to this dive. Lots of hot ladies. Tiny dance floor. I was feeling good. They had a pool table there.

I suck at pool but a dude in a killer suit asked me to join. He kicked my butt. But he was super nice about it. So we joked and laughed. My buddy tells me we got to go at the end of the game. He drags me out. Says to me: " Do you know who that was you playing pool with???" I'm like no why? "That's one of the biggest pimps in Vancouver! It's a good thing you didn't bet, and you sucked at billiards..." We laughed. Jumped to the next venue. Then is was my turn. Some kid bumped in him made him spill his drinks. He started yelling at him "Apologize next time!" The kid lipped him off. So I had to drag him out of the bar before things escalated. Lol. 

• Cheers 1

whoa, gonna need to keep score here

Dude bitchslapped by a one yer old

Dudes friend turned into a mattress, (is that code for something )

Dude joins CDC

Dude nearly gets pimped

and that is only after 5 replies

I vote this the best thread ever (lets keep this non-hockey related)

• Haha 2

I was bouncing one night at a club in White Rock called "Players Club". It was sort of a "Hip-Hop" bar but open to everybody, except...

One night we had a group of Hells Angels show up, 6 bikes rolled in and this huge big boy prospect in tow behind. The guys parked their bikes right at the front door and went inside the club except the prospect who I swear was 6'10, 330lbs. He stood outside to make sure nobody messed with the bikes.

Things were great until around midnight when a different group of 6 guys started to clear out of the club. One of them fell into the prospect and and he almost fell onto the bikes. The prospect aggressively shoved the guy and then the fight was on. The other guys started attacking the prospect and he held his own till the big boys came running out. Full brawl in the parking lot that resulted in the prospect throwing the original guy through the front entry glass door. He was bleeding all over the place, it was a brutal scene.

1 general rule when dealing with the HA is don't poke your nose where it doesn't belong and they weren't inside the club so we just sat back until they were done doing what they were doing. Was one of the most wild and chaotic scenes I ever seen.

Picture below is Baselines Pub which was Players Club. Bikes were parked in front of the large windows.

c4492cd5f775ccd759c7ed5cd4033cf1.jpg

I don't like going out to be honest.

When you talk all day at work and have to deal with annoying people and stress etc it doesn't really sound appealing to me to go out again in public for entertainment. Especially these days with a mask and worrying about COVID and end up getting into a difficult situation with some random people.

Not worth the hassle I can order in and chill and watch a good show or movie escape from the public chaos not invite more. Lol.:P

Then again you do get crazy stories for what you did on your day off...

• Vintage 1
16 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I don't like going out to be honest.

When you talk all day at work and have to deal with annoying people and stress etc it doesn't really sound appealing to me to go out again in public for entertainment. Especially these days with a mask and worrying about COVID and end up getting into a difficult situation with some random people.

Not worth the hassle I can order in and chill and watch a good show or movie escape from the public chaos not invite more. Lol.:P

Then again you do get crazy stories for what you did on your day off...

Chip, you are old

we want stories about when you were young and stupid and possibly even lucky?

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, lmm said:

Chip, you are old

we want stories about when you were young and stupid and possibly even lucky?

I get called grandpa all the time. It's my inner negative-nelly old man curmudgeon that seems to be coming out more often these days...

This never ending Covid stuff has me sprouting new grey's every week.

Don't have have much looking forward to these days you know.. it's tough finding meaning and happiness in things.

Sports is my escape and my vice. I quit gambling (unless you consider risky tech stocks) and drinking.

So that looks to be in some jeopardy hopefully there is not another big pause or shutdown.

I haven't been outside of BC in over 2.5 years now.

I swear I don't have 1 foot in the grave but it seems when you stop living and loving even a little,you just start to wallow in existence a little piece of your youth when you were you goes to die a little inside each day.

:sadno:

Sorry don't mean to be a party pooper and bring down this thread I will show myself out now.

• Huggy Bear 2
3 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I get called grandpa all the time. It's my inner negative-nelly old man curmudgeon that seems to be coming out more often these days...

This never ending Covid stuff has me sprouting new grey's every week.

Don't have have much looking forward to these days you know.. it's tough finding meaning and happiness in things.

Sports is my escape and my vice. I quit gambling (unless you consider risky tech stocks) and drinking.

So that looks to be in some jeopardy hopefully there is not another big pause or shutdown.

I haven't been outside of BC in over 2.5 years now.

I swear I don't have 1 foot in the grave but it seems when you stop living and loving even a little,you just start to wallow in existence a little piece of your youth when you were you goes to die a little inside each day.

:sadno:

Sorry don't mean to be a party pooper and bring down this thread I will show myself out now.

I thought Grandpas always have wild stories to tell!

Well to be honest, there isn’t much to look forward to these days at all. I mean COVID has been hard for a lot of us, not only the older folks but the younger folks as well. 

My soon to be 20 year old sister feels the same way, and it’s really disappointing to see that at such a young age. It’s even harder knowing that it’s a situation we’re most likely going to have to deal with for most of this decade.

• Like 1

Girl trip to Hawaii.  We went out, had lots of fun, some drinks, dancing and were making our way back to the hotel when.....a moped with a key seemed like a better option than walking any further (we'd already taken our high hells off...feet were killing us).  My cousin DD and I hopped on the moped and went flying up the sidewalk, laughing hysterically, veering all over the place.  Thelma and Louise stuff...DD and I were always trouble together.  Drove up a ramp and gunned it (well, moped speed) through a hotel lobby!  Staff chased us out of there...then we realized....it was our hotel.  Parked the moped outside and snuck back in with a crowd of strangers as they entered the lobby and elevator.  

That entire trip was crazy.  Three Richmond girls let out on the loose.

I have LOTS of stories but not all that will be shared.   Had some wild and crazy times back then..no social media or "selfies"....thank God.  Nothing incriminating or promiscuous...just good clean (sometimes very tipsy and adventurous) fun.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1