The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What’s your wildest night out story?

Rate this topic

Odd.

41 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I went through a mcdonalds drive thru at 5 am on an ATV only to be denied food, me and 2 other big brutes all stuffed on it, hilarious to see i'm sure...anyways after service denial we went back to my buddies farm, we went through a ditch and flipped it over and we all went flying, ATV landed on me, scraped ourselves off and limped back to his house the rest of the way...ATV no worky after that. Drank some more then passed out.

By the way this was like 20 years ago lol...I don't drink and drive anything anymore...:sadno:

Reminds me of a story about my uncle...

Mom and Dad shipped me off to Fort Nelson one winter to try to set me straight and to get me away from my boyfriend.  Was staying with my uncle and aunt, who happened to be my Mom's much younger sister and was more like a big sister to me.  She and her husband probably weren't the best "caretakers" of a juvenile delinquent at the time, as they both liked to party.  M & D had also shipped me there one summer and it was the summer of Dire Straits, vodka and Koolaid.

So my Uncle has a few then tells me to hop on the back of the skidoo...we're going on a trek to Parker Lake.   I wasn't really dressed/prepared adequately for the  weather but he grabbed a bottle of rum and said that would suffice...."we'll be fine".

Was a really nice journey out there....along the side of the Alaska Highway.  Was actually awesome and we bombed around until dusk and it started getting really cold, like -40 cold.  The journey back was, shall I say, an adventure.  By this time, very drunk uncle, laughing like a maniac and driving that thing like he was blindfolded, flipped it!   Skidoo and drunk uncle landing on me and me having to dig myself out from underneath the carnage in the snowbank.  Cold, wet, not cool.  

Idiot uncle (my Aunt eventually divorced him, good move) lay there in the snow, with me coaxing him to right the skidoo and get us the hell back.  We did eventually make it back in the dark, my aunt was totally not impressed.  That was strike one with Uncle and I....3 strikes and he was outta there.  Like my aunt threw him out and, when he wouldn't leave, she threw his bicycle out into the driveway then ran over it a few times so he knew she was serious.  Yes, my family was that way...it's a miracle I survived to tell the stories.  And oh, do I have stories....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTLv8BqQVi8

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

Not "party" but...just how I roll.

My first ever ski trip to Whistler/Blackcomb.

Ex was a black diamond/heli skier.  I. was. not.

So no one explained "how to ski to me"....got off the chair, into tuck position like they do on TV, skis facing downhill and GOOOOO.  Heard my ex and his friends yelling at me then I wiped out.  They caught up to me and then explained...snowplowing.  Oh, ok.

OK, got it.  I went off to the beginner runs with my ex's friend and his whiny, pouty, weirdo (like seriously deranged) girlfriend, where we had a mostly fun day if we ignored her constant complaining.  Toward the end of the day, as she tired (but her whinometer was just getting warmed up) she mostly sat on her butt going "I cannnn't do it Robert" and he'd help her up, she'd fall back down like a useless blob of flesh/rinse/repeat.  (She was a really weird/mean spirited/insecure person...so I have no qualms describing her this way).  I was getting cold and restless so I said "I'll ski down and meet you at the bottom".  Robert waved me off (with a "please don't leave me with herrrr" look as I left).

So I'm skiing away, doing pretty good when I decide to stop and wait for them.

And wait.

Some more waiting.

The sun has gone down and it's getting cold.

Then one of the ski whatever they're called..."marshalls" came up to me and said "um, it's time to go Miss".  I told him I had to wait for my friends and he said "uh, no .... you're pretty much the last one on the mountain...it's closed now".  

Oh.  Apparently I'd skied off the trail/run (I'm quite snowblind that way) and was in the trees and totally off course.  He told me to follow him down, and I did.

Except when I got to the bottom and the parking lot...it was the wrong one.  He explained I'd have to board a shuttle bus to get back to the other parking lot.  Where my ex and his friends were freaking out because I didn't come back down.  Not my fault.  Tell that whiny critter not to come next time and we'll be fine.

• Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1
1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Not "party" but...just how I roll.

My first ever ski trip to Whistler/Blackcomb.

Ex was a black diamond/heli skier.  I. was. not.

So no one explained "how to ski to me"....got off the chair, into tuck position, skis facing downhill and GOOOOO.  Heard my ex and his friends yelling at me to slow the bleep down so I wiped out.  Then they caught up to me and explained...snowplow.

OK, got it.  I went off to the beginner runs with my ex's friend and his whiny, pouty, weirdo (like seriously deranged/insecure) girlfriend, where we had a mostly fun day if we ignored her constant complaining.  Toward the end of the day, as she tired (but her whinometer was just getting warmed up) she mostly sat on her butt going "I cannnn't do it Robert" and he'd help her up, she fall back down/rinse/repeat.  I was getting cold and restless so I said "I'll ski down and meet you at the bottom".  Robert waved me off (with a "please don't leave me with herrrr" look as I left).

So I'm skiing away, doing pretty good when I decide to stop and wait for them.

And wait.

Some more waiting.

The sun has gone down and it's getting cold.

Then one of the ski whatever they're called..."marshalls" came up to me and said "um, it's time to go Miss".  I told him I had to wait for my friends and he said "uh, no .... you're pretty much the last one on the mountain...it's closed now".  

Oh.  Apparently I'd skied off the trail/run (I'm quite snowblind that way) and was in the trees and totally off course.  He told me to follow him down, and I did.

Except when I got to the bottom and the parking lot...it was the wrong one.  He explained I'd have to board a shuttle bus to get back to the other parking lot.  Where my ex and his friends were freaking out because I didn't come back down.  Not my fault.  Tell that whiny critter not to come next time and we'll be fine.

Pfft. My sister fell off the Chairlift at Seymour and broke her arm and sprained her ankle. All I did was fall down the bunny runs on Grouse. 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pfft. My sister fell off the Chairlift at Seymour and broke her arm and sprained her ankle. All I did was fall down the bunny runs on Grouse. 

OMG, that's intense!  I was always scared of falling off...I don't like heights.  I'm glad she wasn't too seriously injured.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1
2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

OMG, that's intense!  I was always scared of falling off...I don't like heights.  I'm glad she wasn't too seriously injured.

I was with my Dad at Seymour in the summer, they were running the chairlifts I guess for tourists, etc. I saw the place she fell off, and I'm surprised she only had a broken arm and sprained ankle. 

I guess the snow cushioned some of the impact. I was about maybe 7 years old. The drop looked like a million feet to me. 

• Huggy Bear 1
2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Mom and Dad shipped me off to Fort Nelson one winter to try to set me straight and to get me away from my boyfriend.  Was staying with my uncle and aunt, who happened to be my Mom's much younger sister and was more like a big sister to me.  She and her husband probably weren't the best "caretakers" of a juvenile delinquent at the time, as they both liked to party.  M & D had also shipped me there one summer and it was the summer of Dire Straits, vodka and Koolaid.

So my Uncle has a few then tells me to hop on the back of the skidoo...we're going on a trek to Parker Lake.   I wasn't really dressed/prepared adequately for the  weather but he grabbed a bottle of rum and said that would suffice...."we'll be fine".

Was a really nice journey out there....along the side of the Alaska Highway.  Was actually awesome and we bombed around until dusk and it started getting really cold, like -40 cold.  The journey back was, shall I say, an adventure.  By this time, very drunk uncle, laughing like a maniac and driving that thing like he was blindfolded, flipped it!   Skidoo and drunk uncle landing on me and me having to dig myself out from underneath the carnage in the snowbank.  Cold, wet, not cool.  

Idiot uncle (my Aunt eventually divorced him, good move) lay there in the snow, with me coaxing him to right the skidoo and get us the hell back.  We did eventually make it back in the dark, my aunt was totally not impressed.  That was strike one with Uncle and I....3 strikes and he was outta there.  Like my aunt threw him out and, when he wouldn't leave, she threw his bicycle out into the driveway then ran over it a few times so he knew she was serious.  Yes, my family was that way...it's a miracle I survived to tell the stories.  And oh, do I have stories....

Yikes, getting stuck up that way can turn out bad quick. I've worked all over the Alaska hwy in all seasons and the back country is no joke to mess around in. Back in the day you didn't get cell service much past Fort St John, then comes back again around Fort Nelson for a bit then is gone again lol. Beautiful country tho when one is sober...Love driving that road. Whitehorse is one of my favorite towns. That area of the Yukon in general settles my soul. Atlin BC is also a dream. 

Funny enough my silly story happened in Dawson Creek...lol, not too far off from Fort Nelson

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Yikes, getting stuck up that way can turn out bad quick. I've worked all over the Alaska hwy in all seasons and the back country is no joke to mess around in. Back in the day you didn't get cell service much past Fort St John, then comes back again around Fort Nelson for a bit then is gone again lol. Beautiful country tho when one is sober...Love driving that road. Whitehorse is one of my favorite towns. That area of the Yukon in general settles my soul. Atlin BC is also a dream. 

Funny enough my silly story happened in Dawson Creek...lol, not too far off from Fort Nelson

Seeing the Northern Lights up there....something very special.  Would love to go back one day.....

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

EXPO 86 - All my friends and I did was drink - saw hardly any of the exhibits - one day - after drinking in the pubs there, we walked across the street to The Americana. 

Back then - big time biker bar. 

Young drunk punks should never ever go in there - but we did.

Well, after drinking a beer at the bar, I had to pee - went into the bathroom, 2 guys were fighting, one of the urinals was off the wall and water everywhere -  both the guys looked at me and I said - never mind - I don't have to go now!

I go back to the bar and some biker lady was trying to fight my brother - my brother was a bit of a hot head so I go and rescue him - there was fighting going on and it turns out my brother kind of started it cause this biker lady bumped into him and he spilled his beer down his front - so he yelled something like "who's the f'n idiot" as he swung his arm around and hit her - that pissed her off royally - I managed to get in the way - almost got clocked by her and pushed my brother out the door whilst there was like 5 or 6 fights now going on to keep most in there busy!  

2 friends also got out - and luckily we escaped with just some minor bruises!

That was the first and last time I ever went into the bar!

5 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I went through a mcdonalds drive thru at 5 am on an ATV only to be denied food, me and 2 other big brutes all stuffed on it, hilarious to see i'm sure...anyways after service denial we went back to my buddies farm, we went through a ditch and flipped it over and we all went flying, ATV landed on me, scraped ourselves off and limped back to his house the rest of the way...ATV no worky after that. Drank some more then passed out.

By the way this was like 20 years ago lol...I don't drink and drive anything anymore...:sadno:

Late night. The three of us where talking philosophy. About existence and non-existence. Got pretty deep, and funny at the same time. We were hungry and McD's drive in was still open.

So two of us ordered. The driver asked for a "non-existant Big Mac". We all chuckled. When we got our order. We found one of those styrofoam Big Mac containers empty included. 

We all freaked out, but laughed like loons. The person who took the order either had a great sense of humour or was just on the same wavelength as we were lol. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Late night. The three of us where talking philosophy. About existence and non-existence. Got pretty deep, and funny at the same time. We were hungry and McD's drive in was still open.

So two of us ordered. The driver asked for a "non-existant Big Mac". We all chuckled. When we got our order. We found one of those styrofoam Big Mac containers empty included. 

We all freaked out, but laughed like loons. The person who took the order either had a great sense of humour or was just on the same wavelength as we were lol. 

That’s fantastic lol

• Cheers 1
4 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Here you go Deb, hope you like, these are from summer this year. First one is done win a better camera. The other 2 are from my IPhone.

3E4952E3-509E-44EA-BE48-70C06ED90812.jpeg

312D28C5-5F4B-4FD9-BB5F-271F98F0ABD6.jpeg

B99B6319-46F8-4CAD-B2C8-4D5BFCAB1AE2.jpeg

Amazing!

13 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I’m learning so much about Deb tonight!! It’s awesome!!

On 12/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, D.B Cooper said:

I was standing in line to get into the Blarney Stone about 15 years ago.   
My girlfriend, buddy, and myself had a couple hits of extacy while in line.   
The guy in front of us got knocked out by the bouncer for calling him an N word.  
We stepped over the fella and went into the bar.   
I hadn’t eaten anything that day so everything was hitting super hard and fast.  
I remember having a bunch of shots, dancing my ass off (I don’t dance) then singing Summer of 69 for karaoke.  

I found out the next morning, there was no karaoke.   My messed up ass got on stage and started singing for the house band.  Horribly, and uninvited.  
Apparently I got us all kicked out.  

On the way home I tried to slide down an escalator handrail and ended up putting I giant hole in my shin from a step.  

Yeah.     
I liked to party.   
hahaha

Hahaha that sounds fun...  

My funnest night involving extacy was for my friend's birthday where we started at the Thunderbird stadium at UBC for a show at 4pm (Bassnectar, Gramatik, Longwalkshortdock, etc)...  it landed on Halloween too so I was extra stoked for it.  5-6 hours of dancing there until the show ended (hate those early ones), then off to the club on Granville where everyone was complimenting my costume (I made a dope costume as Raiden from Mortal Kombat).  

I was having such a good time dancing with strangers the whole night, met a cute girl that I danced with....  song came on that I knew all the lyrics for, kinda impressed her there (or maybe I just impressed myself, who knows).  

Out of the club, and on to the next party at 2am.  Some random white chick did her best to get offended on others' behalf and gave me a hard time for "cultural appropriation" for dressing as Raiden and having the hat.  

Now it's approaching 3am and we're looking for a party...  some of you may know where this is headed but off we go to Gorgomish.  Got one of their $20 "special gatorades" and partied with tons of Vietnamese people there that were loving my costume and my hat.  

I left Gorgomish at 7am, probably looking like a zombie by this point.  13 hours of partying :ph34r:

I ended up dating that girl that I met for a few months too, so it was a great night!  

Wilder nights include sneaking into the green room at Vogue Theatre with two friends and stealing 10 Heinekens from Mos Def after a show... flying to San Francisco to watch Swedish House Mafia and meeting a beautiful Spanish girl on the last night and spending a night with her on some random apartment building rooftop by the Golden Gate bridge....  Aussie day at Big White in Kelowna was also one to remember, I can't wait to visit Australia one day.  That night I was partying with kids that were 7 years old all the way up to their grandparents that were 70, and everyone in between of course. 

I honestly can't remember many nights that ended up with fights, or maybe I block them out of my memory 

When I try and think back from the age of 18- 23 was one big night out.

I was angry and blamed a $@#$$ system that took me away from my biological parents.

Fast cars- GT Falcons,awake for days on end.

The real killer is sleep deprivation,you think you're normal however one is so far removed from reality.

Some of it was fun,some not so much.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Vintage 1

Mine ended up with a ride home in a police car so I'll keep the details to myself. It could have ended really badly but nobody got hurt or went to jail so lesson learned! I can tell you that my girlfriend (amazingly, now my wife!) was NOT impressed when I was delivered to the door by a cop at 2am. Boy was I dumb in my 20's :frantic:

• 1 year later...
On 12/20/2021 at 7:32 PM, Attila Umbrus said:

Here you go Deb, hope you like, these are from summer this year. First one is done win a better camera. The other 2 are from my IPhone.

3E4952E3-509E-44EA-BE48-70C06ED90812.jpeg

312D28C5-5F4B-4FD9-BB5F-271F98F0ABD6.jpeg

B99B6319-46F8-4CAD-B2C8-4D5BFCAB1AE2.jpeg

WOW, how'd I ever miss this post back then? AMAZING shots, thank you!

• Cheers 1