The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Carolina has what we need.

1 hour ago, Gino Gino Gino said:

Curious as to what would you like them to add?   Do you think they could get Carolina to add a 1st or 2nd?   I feel Kotkaniemi has more room to grow.  The recent outbreak in Carolina has given him more playing time and better linemates and he has produced 9 points in 11 games.  

Kotkaneimi won't leave Carolina, they kinda need him.

Miller doesn't leave for anything less than a good first, a solid/top prospect and an additional pick/player/prospect

he's a bonafide near ppg 1b c/w that is effective in every possible situation.  Along the lines of a Ryan O'Reilly type player and those are what you need to win cups.

Carolina would need something like

2022 or 2023 1st round pick

Joey Keane rhd

Scott Morrow rhd

2023 2nd round pick

Like minimum.  I know people will laugh and say "cArOliNa hAnGs uP" but the bottom line is without that level of return it's pointless to trade Miller.  Look at what players fo his calibre traditionally get from contending teams and you'll have a good ball park.

Duchene:  http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_player/Duchene,Matt

O'Reilly:  https://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_player/O`Reilly,Ryan

It's insane what these guys net for returns in their trades.  Miller is a carbon copy of O'Reilly in many ways.  So why would we settle for less?

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Agreed with what others have mentioned, JK's QO kind of scares me, then when you factor in Bear also being an RFA this off-season we'll be spending even more to retain both of them that what we would've spent to re-sign Miller (plus Boeser will need a raise too given his QO).

Even if the cap does go up a million and we have around $11 million, JK needs a raise, Boeser's raise is at least $7.5 million, Bear's maybe $500k more?  Then we still need to re-sign or replace Halak, Motte, Sutter, Highmore, Hunt, Lammikko and other depth.  Way too tight money-wise for my liking.  Whoever we trade (between Boeser/ Miller/ Horvat) we should receive a young high-end center or defenseman top prospect on ELC and a 1st, not more expensive players.

Edited by Phil_314

3 hours ago, Gino Gino Gino said:

To Carolina:. Miller

To Vancouver:. Kotkaniemi (negotiated long term contract that doesn't start with a 6) and Bear 

We get younger, fill a hole at RD, and stay deep at centre.  They get an elite centre/wing at a low cap for 2 runs at the cup.  They also have Drury coming to replace Kotkaniemi and Bear is stuck at 3 RD on a very deep team.  

Also interested what people feel would be a fair value contact for Kotkaniemi?

Team gets softer and smaller at center

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

You realize Kotkaniemi is actually bigger than Miller, right? 

Taller, yes, but that's not all that's taken into account when considering a player's size. Miller is listed at 6'1" 217 lbs, while Jesperi is at 6'2" (a stunning whole inch taller), and 201 lbs. 

Overall Miller is the larger player, and definitely plays that way. You realize that, right?

• Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Taller, yes, but that's not all that's taken into account when considering a player's size. Miller is listed at 6'1" 217 lbs, while Jesperi is at 6'2" (a stunning whole inch taller), and 201 lbs. 

Overall Miller is the larger player, and definitely plays that way. You realize that, right?

Kotkaniemi is by no means a soft player.  I’m not saying it’s a trade Vancouver should make. But terming Kotkaniemi as small and soft is patently incorrect 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Kotkaneimi won't leave Carolina, they kinda need him.

Miller doesn't leave for anything less than a good first, a solid/top prospect and an additional pick/player/prospect

he's a bonafide near ppg 1b c/w that is effective in every possible situation.  Along the lines of a Ryan O'Reilly type player and those are what you need to win cups.

Carolina would need something like

2022 or 2023 1st round pick

Joey Keane rhd

Scott Morrow rhd

2023 2nd round pick

Like minimum.  I know people will laugh and say "cArOliNa hAnGs uP" but the bottom line is without that level of return it's pointless to trade Miller.  Look at what players fo his calibre traditionally get from contending teams and you'll have a good ball park.

Duchene:  http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_player/Duchene,Matt

O'Reilly:  https://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_player/O`Reilly,Ryan

It's insane what these guys net for returns in their trades.  Miller is a carbon copy of O'Reilly in many ways.  So why would we settle for less?

I'm still hoping for a deal with NYR like:

Chytil + Schneider + 1st

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Don't take it personally but...are you nuts?   :lol:

Miller's a proven warrior and Kotkaniemi's a kid with less than 300 games under his belt.  I say no.

This is the face I make when I hear somebody talk nonsense about trading Miller.  Right @bishopshodan?  Tagging you in.

image.png

What the ?!!

Stop this trade Miller malarkey right now.

I've waited a long time for a man like him in my life. 

He is the leader of passion and emotion on this squad, and has been nothing but a point producing warrior.

Thanks for tagging me Deb. I say no too. As in, hellz to the no frickin way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would rather ask for something like 

Seth Jarvis, Scott Morrow and a 1rst round pick for JT Miller.

JT Miller has another year left at an awesome average and brings it all. It’s an expensive package for Carolina to pay but you got to give to get and if Miller is on the market come trade deadline every playoff team will be checking in raising his value in a bidding war.

9 hours ago, Gino Gino Gino said:

To Carolina:. Miller

To Vancouver:. Kotkaniemi (negotiated long term contract that doesn't start with a 6) and Bear 

We get younger, fill a hole at RD, and stay deep at centre.  They get an elite centre/wing at a low cap for 2 runs at the cup.  They also have Drury coming to replace Kotkaniemi and Bear is stuck at 3 RD on a very deep team.  

Also interested what people feel would be a fair value contact for Kotkaniemi?

Gross lol.

We could get a WAY WAY better D man for Miller than that. Forget it haha. Not to mention no one is gonna pay kotka what he wants.