The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Carolina has what we need.

2 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

Haha...COME ON!!??

By your logic Petey is bigger than Miller....

Petey 6'2"  170lbs

Miller 6'1"   217 lbs

:picard:

Except Kotkaniemi is 6’2” and 200.  Plus far more physical than Pettersson.  My point was that calling Kotkaniemi small and soft is wrong.  

Just now, qwijibo said:

Except Kotkaniemi is 6’2” and 200.  Plus far more physical than Pettersson.  My point was that calling Kotkaniemi small and soft is wrong.  

Kota is a very hard guy to play against.  He’s the exact opposite of Caufield, and was a steal by Carolina.  Love to have Kota for free here like Carolina stole him.  

Kotkaniemi and Bear for Miller?  Seriously?  Kotkaniemi plays 12 minutes a night.  Bear is not even 6'0".  These are not the players we need to fill out the roster.

We aren't getting a like for like player for Miller.  If JR wants to move him it will be for a 1st round pick, top prospect and an NHL player.

To Carolina:  JT Miller

To Vancouver:  2022 1st round pick

Martin Necas

Scott Morrow

That would be the ask.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kotkaniemi and Bear for Miller?  Seriously?  Kotkaniemi plays 12 minutes a night.  Bear is not even 6'0".  These are not the players we need to fill out the roster.

We aren't getting a like for like player for Miller.  If JR wants to move him it will be for a 1st round pick, top prospect and an NHL player.

Martin Necas

Scott Morrow

That would be the ask.  

If that got offered I think we would have to seriously consider it. Necas is a good young player, can' recall if he is a W or C but he is a right shot I believe. Morrow, was one of the many RHD in the draft I was hoping we could someone pick. The 1st will be kind of late most likely but the whole package is a decent offer.

I still wait till the off season and talk to him and or his agent July 1 and see what the ask is term and $$$ wise to keep him a Canuck before making a trade

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Martin Necas

Scott Morrow

That would be the ask.  

Carolina doesn’t have a 2022 1st.  It belongs to Montreal as part of the offer sheet compensation (and will likely end up in Arizona since Montreals first should be a top 10) 

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2021 at 9:27 AM, Gino Gino Gino said:

To Carolina:. Miller

To Vancouver:. Kotkaniemi (negotiated long term contract that doesn't start with a 6) and Bear 

We get younger, fill a hole at RD, and stay deep at centre.  They get an elite centre/wing at a low cap for 2 runs at the cup.  They also have Drury coming to replace Kotkaniemi and Bear is stuck at 3 RD on a very deep team.  

Also interested what people feel would be a fair value contact for Kotkaniemi?

I'd do that if the Canes threw in their late 1st round pick. You would need to make space cause Miller is cheaper by about 3 million vs the 2 players coming back. The canes get so much in Miller for a run at the cup and they would have to give up tons to get him, in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

I'd do that if the Canes threw in their late 1st round pick. You would need to make space cause Miller is cheaper by about 3 million vs the 2 players coming back. The canes get so much in Miller for a run at the cup and they would have to give up tons to get him, in my opinion.

Carolina doesn’t have their 2022 1st