The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Zach Senyshyn requests trade

51 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Didn't he have to clear waivers to get sent down to the AHL?  No one wanted him for free.

I think he’s cleared waivers for two seasons in a row now. 

Can’t see how the Bruins could expect much of a return, given that every NHL team has passed on him for free (twice), and now he’s apparently demanding a trade.

I’d probably give them something like future considerations, a late pick, decent AHL roster player, or a “C” prospect (one of the above), but nothing much more than that.

• Cheers 1

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think he’s cleared waivers for two seasons in a row now. 

Can’t see how the Bruins could expect much of a return, given that every NHL team has passed on him for free (twice), and now he’s apparently demanding a trade.

I’d probably give them something like future considerations, a late pick, decent AHL roster player, or a “C” prospect (one of the above), but nothing much more than that.

I'm not sure even that's worth it now; the trade request reduced his value.  I can see him being a throw-in when Debrusk is traded though.

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'm not sure even that's worth it now; the trade request reduced his value.  I can see him being a throw-in when Debrusk is traded though.

Yeah, hard to say. First rounders seem to maintain cachet in the minds of many GMs, regardless of performance or even “character issues,” so he likely still has some value. He’s probably worth some minor asset, to a team that wants to take a flyer on him. If our scouts felt like he could still amount to something, with a change or scenery, I’d risk spending a minor asset on securing the acquisition.

Not arguing for a trade here, just shooting the **** mostly. :lol:

12 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

You want to trust your scouts but BPA had Barzal then Connor and they didn’t take either with 3 consecutive picks. Still cannot believe that draft for the Bruins.

it was not great, but somehow the Bruins have managed 829 games from 8 of 10 picks that year

that is more players than the Canucks had picks

and only 2014  have played more games for Vancouver

Its actually a pretty impressive year considering they flopped the first 3 picks

30 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

You want to trust your scouts but BPA had Barzal then Connor and they didn’t take either with 3 consecutive picks. Still cannot believe that draft for the Bruins.

Certainly my nomination for the Very Worst First Round Draft Failure in the history of the world.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Ah another gem for the Bruins from that 2015 draft where they passed on Boeser, Connor, Barzal, and Chabot.

Two of those guys requesting trades and the third looking like a bust.

Good times.

Remember when we drafted Juolevi over McAvoy.

Happens to the best of us.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Good times.

Remember when we drafted Juolevi over McAvoy.

Happens to the best of us.

A little different.

If we had the 5th, 6th, and 7th pick that year and took Bellows, McLeod, and Cholowski then we could compare.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

And people complain about the Canucks’ drafting. That was a bad draft for Boston. 

I don’t feel bad for them at all. &^@# THEM.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Quantum said:

You know if Jim Benning was still in charge of the Canucks, he'd take a swing at Senyshyn. That guy could never pass up a first round reclamation project!

That being said, I can see a team taking a chance on him. Possibly Ottawa or Montreal.

That's not true at all.

• Cheers 2