The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Celebrity Dead Pool 2022 (NO prizes... just bragging rights!!!)

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, smithers joe said:

when you say norman lear, do you mean norman lloyd?

Sorry Joe just noticed this as you quoted Gurn who had quoted me. So I didn't get a notification.

Yes, I meant Norman Lloyd not Norman Lear (who is alive and well). The standings for last year remain the same.

Edited by nuckin_futz
1 hour ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

With the passing of Sidney Poitier (RIP) the following 7 are on 1 @Cerridwen  @gurn    @Elias Pettersson @4petesake @Ilunga    @Bure_of_94 and myself.

The " game" I don't really want to win.

The first Black man to win the academy award for best actor

His movies and actions broke down barriers that had existed forever.

He will be missed.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Hulk Hogan
Jimmy Carter
Rosalynn Carter
Pelé
Burt Bacharach
Steve Wochy
Charley Trippi
Whitey Von Nieda
Alan Greenspan
Angela Lansbury
Dick van Dyke
Mel Brooks
Mikhail Gorbachev
Donald Trump
Ted Kaczynski
David Attenborough
Ernie Dougherty
Richard Branson
Francisco Morales-Bermúdez
Luis Echeverría

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Joan...

Joan Copeland - Wikipedia

Joan Maxime Kupchik (née Miller; June 1, 1922 – January 4, 2022), known professionally as Joan Copeland, was an American actress. She was the younger sister of playwright Arthur Miller. She began her career during the mid-1940s, appearing in theatre in New York City, where, shortly thereafter, she would become one of the first members admitted to the newly formed Actors Studio.[1] She moved into television and film during the 1950s while still maintaining an active stage career. She is best known for her performances in the 1977 Broadway revival of Pal Joey and her award-winning performance in the 1981 play The American Clock. She also played a number of prominent roles on various soap operas throughout her career, including Andrea Whiting on Search for Tomorrow and Gwendolyn Lord Abbott on One Life to Live. She voiced Tanana in Brother Bear.

10 hours ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

Seems I have added a person to my list for this year that passed away in December 2021 Sir Antony Sher. Woops.

Requesting a do over?

Angela Lansbury

I'd suggest you talk to the thread originator.

so, what did you decide?

• Haha 1
On 1/21/2022 at 2:25 PM, canuckpuckluck1 said:

I had a board meeting with the directors and official rule makers and decided we can allow it. 

But there is grounds for an appeal if any participant is unhappy with the decision!

your setting a presidence. should put in the rules that anyone who picks someone who is already gone, can pick a replacement. both elias and i had one last year but didn't get permission to change. but at the same time it isn't like there is a million dollar prize for winning. cheers.

• 1 month later...

Its been very quiet on the lists (which is an excellent thing). I havent seen anyone pass on anyones list, please correct me if I am wrong.

Unfortunately we have lost some amazing people in Shane Warne, Taylor Hawkins, William Hurt , Meatloaf and Bob Saget, may they all rest in peace.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
On 12/27/2021 at 7:22 AM, D.B Cooper said:
  1. Bam Margera
  2. Ghislaine Maxwell
  3. Joe Biden/Donal Trump. 
  4. Bill Cosby
  5. Dick Van Dyke
  6. Queen Elizabeth 
  7. Kim Jong Un
  8. Harvey Weinstein 
  9. Pope Benedict
  10. Bob Barker
  11. Teka$hi 6ix9ine
  12. Barbra Walter
  13. Bob Newhart
  14. Mel Brooks
  15. Estelle Harris (costanza) 
  16. Bill Hayes
  17. Ozzy Osborn
  18. Amber Heard
  19. Yoko Ono
  20. Donald Sterling

Estelle Harris (George Costanza’s mother) has passed yesterday at 93 years old.  
She was a super talented and hilarious lady.