The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams you cheer for other than us

Rate this topic

Alflives

Other teams you cheer for  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I cheer for whatever result helps my keeper pool. My allegiances are many, they are temporary and totally mercenary.

And I’ve owned Marner since his rookie season even though I honestly despise the leafs …

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t cheer for any other NHL team then the Canucks. That said I have a soft spot for Ottawa, Carolina and Winnipeg in that order. If any of those teams makes the playoffs or wins a cup I’d actually be happy for them. I’ve always liked the underdogs. I kind of like Seattle just because of their cool jersey colors, team logo and arena, but I’m betting that doesn’t last long as our rivalry starts to build. As for the rest of them I couldn’t care less how their season or playoffs go.

Growing up a fan of Bobby Orr, Derek Sanderson, John Wensink, Stan Jonathon, Ray Bourque, Adam Oates and Cam Neely, I have always had a soft spot for the Bruins. 

Beyond that I like many players from many teams, this year I have taken a liking to the Flames roster as well, Mangiapane has been a great story, love Tanev, Markstrom and Richardson. Like him or hate him Tkachuk is must watch tv. 

Love Schwartz and Tanev in Seattle as well.

Ottawa gets my sympathy-vote. Got some family out there, as my Uncle had a Gov't career before he passed on.

Also grew up a Habs fan, as the parents came from the maritimes, & everyone on my Dad's side loved Mtl for decades.

In the late-80's got kinda bored with their play-style..the late 70's Hab dynasty spoiled that fanbase.

The Canucks just stole my heart after that spirited battle in '89, with Trev, Rhino & a buncha no-names. Been die-hard since then.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Let’s rephrase this question… if the Canucks were to miss the playoffs, these are the teams I would not cheer for, if they made the playoffs:

Bruins, Flames, Oilers, Kraken, Maple Leafs and Golden Knights.

As for the rest of the teams, either I’m indifferent if they win or I wouldn’t mind cheering for them to win.

I think we need to run level 1 diagnostics on Vintage to eliminate the possibility that a Chicago Blackhawks android has bypassed our defense systems and infiltrated our forum.  

Star Trek Smoking GIF

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Just checking to see who of us are true Canuck’s fans.  Yes, you will be judged for you’re loving other teams.  IMHAO every member here should have to state they are a Canuck fan to stay here.  You trolls GET OUT,!!  

no need to open up a thread for this and to ask this kind of question. You already know the answer, my friend. ::D

• Cheers 1

I was always kind of partial to Colorado as a silver medal team. Burnaby Joe was my 2nd fav player growing up. Bure was #1. 

It’s funny I could never lend my support to Toronto... not when my 2nd cousin played on them... not if they were the only canadian team left in the playoffs :sick:

Edited by Bure_of_94
  • Cheers 1

Canucks only for me.

I will often watch other games but I only hope for the team that will improve the Canucks standing the most to get the desired result. If the game doesnt effect the Canucks I dont care who wins I just want to see good hockey, unless its the Oilers, Leafs , Flyers and Ducks ( I straight up dont like those teams and wish for them to continuously lose!)

Edit I forgot to add Vegas...that team is rotten, in fact the whole set up for that franchise stunk!!!! After the grind that the Canucks went through when they joined the league compared to the joy ride for Vegas makes me bitter beyond belief!!!

Edited by canuckpuckluck1
added extra info
  • Haha 1

I only really root for the Canucks, but I also tend to have a soft spot for teams that never had any real postseason success. So the Canucks are definite no.1, but if they fall out of contention, I'd be really happy for Arizona, Florida, Minnesota or Winnipeg going on a nice run.

Edited by Rubik
  • Like 1