The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Czechia vs. Canada | Group A | Dec. 26, 2021 | 4:00 PM PT

Rate this topic

Just now, -DLC- said:

Exactly .... if growing the game is at our expense, no thanks.

I want Canada to be a dominating factor.

It’s the one sport that we are the best at. Every country has their thing. Hockey is our thing. Everyone’s welcome to join but remember who the best is. 

Just now, Devron44 said:

It’s the one sport that we are the best at. Every country has their thing. Hockey is our thing. Everyone’s welcome to join but remember who the best is. 

Though other countries are improving, the biggest factor is not that many kids in Canada play hockey anymore.  I work in an elementary school of almost 500 kids and I bet less than 30 play hockey, but I bet more than 150 play soccer

Just now, Devron44 said:

Actually recent history says the USA is the best at this age group.  

• RoughGame 2

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

I love juniors!! The mistakes the momentum shifs the unpredictable goals against the flow of play all makes it a more exciting tourney than the world championhips.

Especially when they play on North American ice...

It really is amazing just how good all these kids are, isn’t it?  (Except #9 for us, of course :sick:)

Just now, stawns said:

Though other countries are improving, the biggest factor is not that many kids in Canada play hockey anymore.  I work in an elementary school of almost 500 kids and I bet less than 30 play hockey, but I bet more than 150 play soccer

Need to have school hockey. Get consignment or last years equipment that doesn't sell. Get kids playing. Focus on skill. Add another pipeline for Canadian talent.

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

We still have the most NHL players in the league. You work at a weird school haha. Times are probably changing though. I believe it.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Kids play soccer and basketball way more than hockey.  I’m guessing (.you’d know) that kids don’t even play floor hockey in school much anymore? 

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

We still have the most NHL players in the league. You work at a weird school haha. Times are probably changing though. I believe it.

I work at a middle class school, not rich, not poor.  Parents don't want to shell out the money or they don't have the time to sacrifice for hockey.  That's been the norm at every school I've worked at in the last 10 years.  For the cost of one kid to play hockey, they whole clan can ski in the winter and play soccer in the spring

Edited by stawns