The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) CBJ - VAN

To CBJ - JT MILLER 

TO VAN - Kent Johnson 

CBJ - get a proven top line C / LW to help them win games in the playoffs this year.  Johnson is a few years away from the NHL. CBJ already have a good group of Centers. Jack Raslovic, Boone Jenner, Cole Silinger, as well as Domi, and others. 

Vancouver move our best forward who is ready to win now for a future BC prospect who we wanted in last years draft. We will gain much needed cap space. 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Like 1

Probably something to do with Miller going home to Ohio, we save cap space and get a blue-chip asset back.

Frankly if Columbus does this I would too, and hope we can sign someone versatile like Domi after this season at a discount and we might not miss that big of a beat with Miller leaving (that or internally promote someone to play Miller's wing spot).

optically it makes a ton of sense, esp. if they pair up Roslovic with him but this is the kind of deal that gets done in the off season. Maybe next years TDL if CBJ can agree to an extension with Miller.  

Problem for the Canucks is the gaping hole of size, scoring and position that losing Miller leaves.  If Johnson is too pricey for CBJ, you could look at Foudy as well

20 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

To CBJ - JT MILLER 

TO VAN - Kent Johnson 

CBJ - get a proven top line C / LW to help them win games in the playoffs this year.  Johnson is a few years away from the NHL. CBJ already have a good group of Centers. Jack Raslovic, Boone Jenner, Cole Silinger, as well as Domi, and others. 

Vancouver move our best forward who is ready to win now for a future BC prospect who we wanted in last years draft. We will gain much needed cap space. 

I'd take a Boeser for Laine trade. Laine isn't going to cash in as much as he thinks he is & he was pretty damn good before getting hurt. He doesn't want to stay in Columbus. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I'd take a Boeser for Laine trade. Laine isn't going to cash in as much as he thinks he is & he was pretty damn good before getting hurt. He doesn't want to stay in Columbus. 

I’d do that deal.  Laine is a proven star.  

Johnson to my eye is going to struggle to produce in the NHL.  Not a fan of him.