The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Lines/Taxi Squad/Signing

Get Podkolzin going to the next gear that he has the ability to play an elite game in. Slotting him in with Miller and Garland will push him in a very good way. He’s also a very mature rookie that gives 100% every second he’s out there so Miller and Garland will have trust in him. Put a steady, big, all-around Cup-winning veteran in Pearson beside Pettersson and Hoglander to free them up and let them fly and be creative. Put Burroughs in as the 4th Line right handed RW instead of Chiasson. Chiasson is a heady and smart veteran that plays hard but Burroughs speeds that line up immensely and brings more bite. 
He’s jumped up in deep many times while playing D so I see him being able to play wing effectively. Lastly sign Brandon Pirri. He’s bounced around a bit and has always struggled a bit to round out to being reliable in the 200 foot game and in health. But there’s no questioning his experience, his hands, his shot, and his competitiveness. He brings quality depth upfront and he’s played with Motte and Highmore in the past. Bring up Devante Stephens and John Stevens to the Taxi Sqaud now that Taxi Squads are back. 
Great way to keep extra depth around without losing players to waivers. Let Stevens and Stephens get practice time with the big club and see where they’re at. Late blooming talents that may still have the potential to become respectively an effective depth all-around D-man and a 4th Line Center. Both bring size, versatility, and infectious work ethic.

(New) Lines
Podkolzin -Miller- Garland

Dickinson -Horvat- Boeser

Pearson -Pettersson- Hoglander

Motte -Lammikko- Burroughs

Di Giuseppe -Highmore- Pirri

Ekman-Larsson - Schenn

Hughes - Myers

Hunt - Poolman

Demko

Halak

Taxi Squad

J.Stevens -J.Dowling- A.Chiasson

D.Stephens - N.Juulsen

S.Martin

IR

G.Brisebois

LTIR

Keeper

Hamonic

Sutter

Ferland

Abbotsford

V.Arseneau -S.Dries- S.Rempal

E.Keppen -N.Petan- Ju.Bailey

D.Klimovich -C.Wouters- J.Lukosevicius

K.Plasek -T.Nielsen- W.Lockwood

C.Focht

A.Sautner - J.Woo

C.Schilling - M.Bowey

J.Rathbone - A.Kannok-Leipert

A.Brubacher

M.DiPietro

A.Silovs

Edited by Underdog7
  • Wat 2

34 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Boudreau has finally found lines that work and doesn't like to juggle them for no reason.

Exactly this.  Also Schenn's been the closest thing to a suitable partner for Hughes, I don't see that partnership breaking up anytime soon (same with the PPG line).

4 hours ago, Viper007 said:

Burroughs is a defenseman not a winger.

I specifically wrote in the proposal…

“Put Burroughs in as the 4th Line right handed RW instead of Chiasson. Chiasson is a heady and smart veteran that plays hard but Burroughs speeds that line up immensely and brings more bite. 
He’s jumped up in deep many times while playing D so I see him being able to play wing effectively.”

Learn to read and pay attention to the games.

Edited by Underdog7
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, Underdog7 said:

I specifically wrote in the proposal…

“Put Burroughs in as the 4th Line right handed RW instead of Chiasson. Chiasson is a heady and smart veteran that plays hard but Burroughs speeds that line up immensely and brings more bite. 
He’s jumped up in deep many times while playing D so I see him being able to play wing effectively.”

Learn to read and pay attention to the games.

45 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

This.

Also @Canuck Luck what’s with the Wat face…

1 hour ago, Canuck Luck said:

We have many bottom line forwards. Why would anyone suggest we put a d man in there. It makes zero sense lol.

Like a RHD has never played RW for us before…. Eg: Yannick Weber, Raphael Diaz, Alex Biega. It’s called injuries and right now Covid can happen.. and sometimes you have to tinker the lineup. And like I said if you watch the games you’ll see that Burroughs has been very aggressively jumping up in the play and hitting on the forecheck. You’re completely blind if you think he wouldn’t help as a speedier additional RH forward.

Edited by Underdog7