The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 30, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (15-15-2) @ Los Angeles Kings (14-12-5) at 7:30 on SNP TV and SN650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

13 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s ugly having Chiasson on that line but I like that Bruce is doing that to keep the other 2 lines together which have been good 

It's also a very heavy line.  Pearson at 6'1 and 201 is the smallest of the three.  Not that they are going to really bang and crash, but their down-low -cycle and board battles are going to ear down the other teams D. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I don't see why others don't notice how Pearson hustles out there.  Right before he scored (the shift prior to) he was flying out there.

I like him.  Am I missing something?

Always been a solid player for us just some inconsistencies in the scoring department.

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Bored, already waiting.

Shoveled snow for 4 hours (was awesome).  Went up and did the deck...came in with my boots on and BOOM, slipped on the kitchen floor.  Bit it, big time.  Everything hurts, including my pride.  So I'm just....waiting.  Safely sitting here, not moving.

5 more hours to go!

Put ice on that pride so it doesn't swell.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I don't see why others don't notice how Pearson hustles out there.  Right before he scored (the shift prior to) he was flying out there.

I like him.  Am I missing something?

You're missing nothing.  He's a terrific complimentary player, and makes every line he's on better by being a Swiss army knife 200-foot player.  He's decent on the boards, decent as a net-front presence, can snipe like he did last night, and although not the most creative, he's a good passer.  He's not great at any one thing, but he's a quality middle six at all of the above.  I think people would like him to be something he's not, a scrapper.  He was a great compliment to Bo, and played Bo's transition game very well.  Now he's a great compliment to Miller, as they bang the boards and cycle down low.  Pearson earns his money every night.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s ugly having Chiasson on that line but I like that Bruce is doing that to keep the other 2 lines together which have been good 

Agree completely.  Causes the minimum of disruption to chemistry.  Also like him showing Halak he has confidence in him and giving him the start.  Details like this matter.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

You're missing nothing.  He's a terrific complimentary player, and makes every line he's on better by being a Swiss army knife 200-foot player.  He's decent on the boards, decent as a net-front presence, can snipe like he did last night, and although not the most creative, he's a good passer.  He's not great at any one thing, but he's a quality middle six at all of the above.  I think people would like him to be something he's not, a scrapper.  He was a great compliment to Bo, and played Bo's transition game very well.  Now he's a great compliment to Miller, as they bang the boards and cycle down low.  Pearson earns his money every night.

Basically the equivalent of Higgins while he was here 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Gotta take these chumps tonight.  Cant let them think we aren't hunting them down.  A win tonight and we leapfrog a couple of teams in the standings.  Not to mention a record for Bruce. 

Don't really care about the leapfrog I wanna keep throwing out wins for the record beat penguins 17-0 run.... now that's a positive record for the nucks

24 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Bored, already waiting.

Shoveled snow for 4 hours (was awesome).  Went up and did the deck...came in with my boots on and BOOM, slipped on the kitchen floor.  Bit it, big time.  Everything hurts, including my pride.  So I'm just....waiting.  Safely sitting here, not moving.

5 more hours to go!

Omg. Careful!!

Last thing you need is a broken bone.. it sucks, trust me i been dealing with it for a month now...

• Huggy Bear 1

25 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Bored, already waiting.

5 more hours to go!

Be safe! Stay motionless! Haha!

• Like 1

We can't control others team success or failure but, if we can keep the winning streak alive then we have a good chance at the payoffs! If we worry to much about the standings and don't improve our team game we gonna get smashed in the playoffs! Team game is gonna bring us to the playoffs.  2022 will be a great year! Make the playoffs and go to the finals! And every guy on our team wants to stay and give us a hometown discount!. When Bedard gets in the draft we will tank for him.