The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 30, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (15-15-2) @ Los Angeles Kings (14-12-5) at 7:30 on SNP TV and SN650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

11 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Loss is on Bruce, for picking Peterson in shoot-out to lead off. 

Miller ,Garland, Bo

Planting such seeds of discontent only leads to an inferior experience as life on Earth.

I certainly hope that, using the same logic, you consider the seven wins as also on Boudreau.

Edited by Me_
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Planting such seeds of discontent only leads to an inferior experience as life on Earth.

I certainly hope that, using the same logic, you consider the seven wins as also on Boudreau.

Bruce was playing psychologist,..but the money-call was not made at the crucial time. 

That’s a fact. 

In the long game, I don’t know what this will mean, either.

Tortorella played Lack over Luongo, claiming it was the money-call in Vancouver’s “Heritage Classic” years ago,..but clearly playing in a rare stadium “Classic” game was really more of a tribute/reputation-prize or fan-experience event over some mere regulation NHL-hockey game.

Tortorella’s heartless-ness missed that particular call badly, or perhaps his aim was to core-bust in that particular locker from the out-set.   

This is where I will give credit to Boudreau for perhaps knowing   “something extra”, but he seemed to be holding-up a hoop for his star-player to jump thru, when all indications were that Petey’s marksmanship was simply not sharp in tonight’s game. I thought most coaches try to reward those players who have their mo-jo going,  during the game? 

Also, there are other young Canucks’ players with the skill-set of shot-making, who need experience in NHL shoot-outs vs elite goalies, too. I just hope they eventually earn the nods from Bruce, to do so soon, too. 

Edited by viking mama

Sucks that the team lost tonight. 

But they got a point, and that's better than nothing I guess. 

Unfortunately, the extra point went to the Kings, who are in the same conference, so that doesn't help our playoff chances.