The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Betty White dead at 99: Legendary Golden Girls actress passes away as fans pay tribute to American icon

nuckin_futz

One smart lady!

On sex and aging:
"I don't have a fella, but if Allen--or Robert Redford--were around?."

On the secret to a happy marriage:
"The secret to our marriage was enthusiasm. His intelligence and sense of humor got to me. It sounds like a cliche, but my advice to Kristen [engaged to actor Dax Shepard] is never take each other for granted. When I knew Allen was coming home, I would freshen my makeup, put on a new blouse. He would call from where he was and ask me out on a date. Sometimes that meant pick up a chicken, and we'd put some records on and dance. That was our date--silly, but it kept the freshness in the relationship."

• Like 2

Some random person on Twitter 3 days ago said Betty White would die before her 100th birthday. I’m genuinely curious to know why someone would pick a fight with a 99 year old.

RIP Betty White, that’s one helluva life.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Screw you 2021

May Betty be the sacrifice the universe needed to move in to 2022 with some Sense of normality

Read up on how her show in the 50s got cancelled because she refused to remove of one certain cast member of that show (who happened to be black). 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

When I see these "RIP" threads, I always have to resist pointing out that we already have a dedicated thread for them.....but if anyone deserves their own, it's Betty White.

Many people here are remembering the character Rose from the Golden Girls, but to me, she'll always be Sue-Ann Nivens.

I thought about putting this announcement in that thread for all of about 2 seconds. Some people just deserve their own thread. Like Muhammad Ali, Eddie Van Halen etc.

To sum it up ......... 'No one puts Betty in the corner.'

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1