The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy New Year?

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Actually gained some Gaffar respect there. Love that post. 2021 is a big middle finger.

I don’t have huge expectations for 2022 either but what I am going to do is try and make my life a positive as possible. Hope for hockey to be played, take care of myself and my family.

Don’t really drink anymore but cheers CDC 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2
1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Happy New Year CDC.

I'm thinking a nice evening with some comfort food, maybe watch a stand up comedian ....oh and a side helping of omicron.

GO Nucks!

Oh, that sounds perfect!   I watch Just For Laughs often in the wee hours when I can't sleep...always puts me in the right frame of mind.  Comedy is golden during times of trouble.

• Cheers 1

Happy New Year!

I am just about to wrap up a day shift then go back in for a night shift at work at 7pm tonight. I will go into the New Year with a phone call to my wife and daughter, listen to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version of " over the rainbow " ( daughter's favorite ) then back to work until morning. Will focus on the new year as I do every day which is bettering my family security and stability, although time is less readily available these days we will ensure family time and health is our priority and just enjoy every day, soak in how fortunate we are where we live and have good health, always remember to find the positive in things, it's there.

All the best everyone!

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Happy New Year!

I am just about to wrap up a day shift then go back in for a night shift at work at 7pm tonight. I will go into the New Year with a phone call to my wife and daughter, listen to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version of " over the rainbow " ( daughter's favorite ) then back to work until morning. Will focus on the new year as I do every day which is bettering my family security and stability, although time is less readily available these days we will ensure family time and health is our priority and just enjoy every day, soak in how fortunate we are where we live and have good health, always remember to find the positive in things, it's there.

All the best everyone!

I love this.  So true...we can all take something very important away from your message.  FTR, Over the Rainbow is one of my favs too (Wizard of Oz being my all time favourite movie).

OK, in spoilers because...very strong (nsfw) language.  But here's to finding a few laughs in the new year.  Kung Hei Fat Choy:

Spoiler

I had hope that 2021 could be no worse than 2020 and I was wrong

Covid got more contagious

Fires

Heat Domes

Atmospheric Rivers

Floods

New disaster names

(what will they call earthquakes and avalanches and slides) ?

More Snow already

Canucks

But maybe with the Canucks looking to improve in 2022

So will 2022 over 2021

Have a Safe Happy New 2022 everyone !

• Like 2