The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken | January 1st, 2022 | SNP, 7:00pm PT

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 hours ago, aznmonk said:

We need a 16 game winning streak! When we could do that we can win a cup! To bad should of kept Jake Virtanen! Maybe coach BB could of done a miracle with him!

Winning 16 games in the regular season means jack all. 

• Vintage 3

From Kraken game notes.....

"Know the Foe: Vancouver Canucks (15-15-3, seventh in Pacific Division)

Vancouver was 8-14-3 when Bruce Boudreau took over as the Canucks coach. Earlier this week, Boudreau tied an NHL record for victories to start a coaching tenure with a seventh straight win (in overtime against second-place Anaheim).

Los Angeles snapped the winning streak since then but make no mistake: Boudreau's penchant for inspiring dormant goal scorers and speed-building team chemistry as a player's coach will make Vancouver dangerous for all Pacific opponents whether the Canucks can climb back into playoff contention or not."

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 3

I'm hoping Petey will have a breakout game tonight after JR mentioned him to the media recently. If he moves his feet then good things will happen. If he continues to struggle, I see Petey as the odd man out and major trade bait to help this team without damaging team chemistry too much. Hopefully it won't come to that:

6-1 Nuckaroos :towel:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

From Kraken game notes.....

"Know the Foe: Vancouver Canucks (15-15-3, seventh in Pacific Division)

Vancouver was 8-14-3 when Bruce Boudreau took over as the Canucks coach. Earlier this week, Boudreau tied an NHL record for victories to start a coaching tenure with a seventh straight win (in overtime against second-place Anaheim).

Los Angeles snapped the winning streak since then but make no mistake: Boudreau's penchant for inspiring dormant goal scorers and speed-building team chemistry as a player's coach will make Vancouver dangerous for all Pacific opponents whether the Canucks can climb back into playoff contention or not."

giphy.gif

Surely we were 8-15-2 when Bruce took over? I guess they think nucks lost in regulation against LA, pretty sure we got an underserved point and BB is still undefeated in regulation, but maybe I dreamt it. This should be an easy win, so we'll probably lose 5-1

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Surely we were 8-15-2 when Bruce took over? I guess they think nucks lost in regulation against LA, pretty sure we got an underserved point and BB is still undefeated in regulation, but maybe I dreamt it. This should be an easy win, so we'll probably lose 5-1

Good catch, you're right.