The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken | January 1st, 2022 | SNP, 7:00pm PT

Rate this topic

Roberts

26 minutes ago, combover said:

This will be the Last game for a while with the home games getting cancelled 

• Minnesota Wild @ Ottawa Senators (Jan. 3)
  • New York Islanders @ Vancouver Canucks (Jan. 5)
  • New York Islanders @ Edmonton Oilers (Jan. 8)
  • New York Islanders @ Calgary Flames (Jan. 11)
  • Minnesota Wild @ Edmonton Oilers (Jan. 12)
  • Vegas Golden Knights @ Edmonton Oilers (Jan. 14)
  • Vegas Golden Knights @ Calgary Flames (Jan. 15)
  • Edmonton Oilers @ Winnipeg Jets (Jan. 16

ott @ van on Jan  8th still on. For now. 

hope  the boys come out on fire and don’t let up. 
5-0 van. 

We probably won't play until the 11th in Florida when we start that pretty wicked Eastern road trip with games following on the 13th(TB), 15th(CAR), 16th(WASH), and 18th(NASH).

Then we play 5 games in a row in Canada, starting Jan 21st, which could all be cancelled, including at Calgary on Jan 29th. We would then play on Jan 31st(CHI), and Feb 1st(NASH).

Then comes the Olympic break which extends to Feb 28th when we play NJ. So if my math is right (probably not feel free to correct me) we would need to make up 7 games in that 27 day period if possible.

I would think we need to see full capacity sometime in February in order to keep the season going, although being we have 33 games played (Boston-26) already we are one of the teams which shouldn't be too hard to reschedule. I'm almost more worried about American teams cancelling games due to covid as we should hope to see lesser restrictions and less cases(vs USA) in Canada after more data is collected. I hate to be a nervous nelly but I'm a little worried we might see a border closure as well.

Edit: Just read @Alienhuggyflow's post and perhaps that Jan 8th game goes ahead due to TV contract. I would think playing some games at 50% would be better than nothing if it's only for a few weeks but apparently the NHL and NHLPA don't necessarily agree as they are losing too much revenue.

Well I'm hoping for the best I guess they could always shorten the season to 70 games as well. We still have a bunch of options. GO AWAY COVID!

Oh yeah GO CANUCKS BO! :canucks:

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

All of the above, and possibly you 

But yeah, Tryamkin by the looks of it 

Jerry Seinfeld - Imgflip

Lol, maybe, hopefully that finally ends the Tryamkin talk.

38 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

The team they built reminds me of the roster construction of San Jose and Ottawa when they come into the league in the 90's. A bunch of "hard working" guys...lol took forever for both teams to get out of the basement...they had no choice...seattle did but gave up on so much talent to get "character" guys...what a flop. Does not compute to me at all.

Francis blew it outthinking himself. Vegas wanted to be good right away and they still got way more assets and picks then the Kraken will. I also see a long road of suffering ahead.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

What happes 

Jerry Seinfeld - Imgflip

Lol, maybe, hopefully that finally ends the Tryamkin talk.

Francis blew it outthinking himself. Vegas wanted to be good right away and they still got way more assets and picks then the Kraken will. I also see a long road of suffering ahead.

50 Cent GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

SLAPSHOT TIES!

Bruce Boudreaux was in the movie slapshot,

The organist at the game tonight in Seattle was the organist in the movie!

Hope someone hits him in the head with a puck if he plays Lady of Spain. 

• Haha 2