The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Not gonna lie, there is just the slightest temptation to name some folks on the board who were open to the idea of trading Quinn Hughes. 

But I’m going to take the high road tonight. :)

Well you could just point out the ones who have never wavered in their faith in #43.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Oilers play those two games before we play again (Rangers, Leafs).

Things might look even closer by next Saturday.

Have to wonder when McDraisaitl will go on a roll and carry the Oilers to wins.

Not a matter of if but when. Would be better till after they've dug themselves a big hole.

Flames play a key 4 game road trip with some tough opponents before we play our next game. Flames are the league's best road team though.

2 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

We did.

Yep... and keep the mindset like that...

Still a bit of catching up to do, but instead of looking at points to catch up, just keep winning the week and the rest will take care of itself...

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Tanner Pearson with the Gordie Howe hat trick, I can’t remember the last Canuck to do that

JR is now licking his chops sitting by the phone, waiting for teams to call for Pearson.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Imagine what this team would be if Pettersson was back to normal self? 

He seriously needs to do some soul searching. Saw mutiple shots tonight where henhung hisnhead and sulked. He can shake and hang his head at the bench as much as he wants, but he needs to figure out how to do something or anything if he isnt scoring. 

Until he improves his battle level, strength, skating, and his attitude, the subpar and mediocre efforts will continue. I feel like he is realizing  success just doesnt come easy like it did for him in his first two seasons, ypu actually have to work hard for it. Its like he is having the Quinn Hughes season of last year. 

My patience has worn off with him. Im not writing him off saying he wont be good again, but at this point, I dont see him as a main factor for this team. He is a replacement level player at the moment. And for 7.35 mil man, its unaccetable. 

Aside from my tangent and stupid negativity, I really like the guts of this team. Such a cagey and scrappy effort. I liked how we didnt back doen or break down... Its like thisbteam has mental toughness tobstick with it. It felt like Green broke the will of the team and its ability to believe. Its great to see the team believes in themselves to stick with it when itngets challengingm

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Benning was supposed to trade our starting goaltender while we were in the middle of a playoff mix?

We weren't in a playoff mix really, we were falling fast, we just sneaked into the play in by win %. I think we were 12th in the west at that point.

It happened with vrbata,  hamhuis, Marky, tanev, and others.

So many assets lost for nothing 

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

That was a great postgame show. Kelly giving props to Myers, even though he wasn't on the score sheet, but seriously? Depth D-man?
Demko - the best player in the game. Not sure if he meant just this game or the league. With a solid D in front of Demko, I think he contends for the Vezina every year from now on. He's that good.
Analyzing the upcoming tough schedule - what do you think? Bah, they go 8-0 again. 
Wish I had the exact quotes, they were beauties!

#Winning

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Have to wonder when McDraisaitl will go on a roll and carry the Oilers to wins.

Not a matter of if but when. Would be better till after they've dug themselves a big hole.

Flames play a key 4 game road trip with some tough opponents before we play our next game. Flames are the league's best road team though.

McDavid and Draisaitl can each have three point games and it won’t matter with the way their D has been playing, the lack of depth scoring, and poor goaltending they’ve been getting.

They’re looking like the Oilers of the past right now. Only way to win is to outscore their opponent. And they couldn’t even do that against the devils this weekend.

• Cheers 1