The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (02-08) 2022

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ducks just gave up a 2 goal lead, and the game winner with a minute left. :lol:

That’s the team I’m eyeing up more then the others. They’ve now played more games then Vancouver while berta has played less 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

That’s the team I’m eyeing up more then the others. They’ve now played more games then Vancouver while berta has played less 

I think fingers crossed there will be 3 direct paths to the playoffs. Both Alberta teams and the ducks are within striking distance with all 3 playing much more like the team I thought they would be.

The ducks were really bad the last 2 years and really added nothing but a few rookies that while exciting is not a formula for success. 

The flames have to play within a grueling system and get elite tending very similar to the formula  we tried and failed under and the Oilers are perhaps the biggest farce,  a team that only wins when their 2 best players put up multiple points on the pp each and get out of the world tending by an often injured 41 yearold goalie who is again injured after missing 2 months. 

I take nothing for granted but I was very vocal about the fact I thought this team was a top 3 team in the pacific and even at the lowest point I clung to the hope and the fact special teams were killing us.

Now that we are much improved on the pk while remaining top 3 5on5 defensively its not shocking or surprising to me that we are winning.

The fact that Petey isn't our best forward and it's not hurting us yet makes me excited to see this team when everyone's clicking, since Petey going all alien will boost both his wingers and the pp.

• Like 1