The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (02-08) 2022

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I think it's tough to argue against Tampa not being the cream of the crop, Florida's been stellar this season but Tampa's still Tampa and they've proven how dangerous they are in back to back seasons.

Vegas is definitely a lock, but unless we win these next two games in hand on Anaheim I just don't see us reeling them in. That third divisional spot is up for grabs, but there are five teams jockeying for it. Edmonton and Calgary aren't likely to lose forever, just as we won't win forever, and LA and San Jose have done enough this season to still be in the mix too. How the Canucks fare during this tough January schedule will likely make or break their playoff aspirations. 

After their game tomorrow we will have 4 games in hand, hopefully they lay another egg like tonight on Sunday.

I still think the ducks are playing way above their heads who rode their pp to a great start but looking at that roster they are basically the same team that was 27th and 29th the last 2 years. The other Cali teams are even worse imo. any team can look good the first 20- 30 games of the year but depth and things balancing out usually correct them, just like we're seeing now with the pretenders falling off and the good teams separating from the pack.

The nucks were always going to correct, they are a much better team then what we saw and yes they will lose at some point but them playing at a 600 win% should be attenable especially with a lot of games left at home and lots games against the bottom teams drill.

these next 5 games are going to be a real measuring stick which is cool since watching games that matter are so much more fun.