The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN-EDM (proposal) Bring back Zack

JM_

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

because he may not get to play 10 games. 

He’s already played 8.  Think Demko is going to play every game left in the season?  Management isn’t petty or unprofessional enough to screw Halak out of his bonus by sitting him the rest of the season 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, YEGCanuck said:

JM, Zack is not the player he once was, I know because living in E-town I catch most of the Oil games. He has had too many hits to the head and is simply not as effective as years past. Also his contract is definitely an overpayment for what he has produced this season. IMO the Canucks have more use for a decent back-up goaltender than Zack who unfortunately has experienced a real drop off in on-ice performance.

isn't the production more of a deployment issue? I wonder if he'd get more top 6 chances here. 

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He’s already played 8.  Think Demko is going to play every game left in the season?  Management isn’t petty or unprofessional enough to screw Halak out of his bonus by sitting him the rest of the season 

OK thanks for playing. 

22 minutes ago, JM_ said:

isn't the production more of a deployment issue? I wonder if he'd get more top 6 chances here. 

You may see something different than me and I was wrong once before, but I just don't think Zack has anymore juice to play the game. I can't imagine he could perform with greater consitency than any healthy player in our top two lines. Cheers.

14 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Halak is not the answer to Edmonton's goaltending concerns.

And why do we (as true Canuck fans) friggin’ care about what’s best for the Smelly Soilers?  

We will give them Chaisson for Zack then.  And they add a second.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And why do we (as true Canuck fans) friggin’ care about what’s best for the Smelly Soilers?  

We will give them Chaisson for Zack then.  And they add a second.  

When making trade proposals, you need to consider the other team's needs for it to have any merit.

I wouldn't want to help the Oilers even if Halak was a good fit for them. But realistically if they want a goalie, they'll be looking for a long term solution. Halak isn't that.

• Cheers 2

I'd rather we get Zack MacEwen back than Zack Kassian.  MacEwen already beat him up in a fight, has a cheap contract and fits a role on the 4th line.  Kassian doesn't fit our top 9 right now.  I like our top 9 the way it is, just got to get Petey going again.  Also, Kassian is at $3.2 million for another 2 years, so cap wise it doesn't fit either.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1