The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why The Avalanche Defensemen Score So Many Goals

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, mll said:

Colorado excels off the rush - best team at both generating and preventing goals (maybe not this season with them missing Makar and MacKinnon for stretches).  Kelly highlighting here Colorado's excellence at generating and preventing chances off the rush back in 2020

As for Vancouver they have been one if not the worse team off the rush for a few seasons now and have primarily generated their offence off the cycle - top-5 in chances last season and even led the league in cycle goals the bubble season.  

Has this dude posted anything while BB has been the coach?

2 hours ago, mll said:

Colorado excels off the rush - best team at both generating and preventing goals (maybe not this season with them missing Makar and MacKinnon for stretches).  Kelly highlighting here Colorado's excellence at generating and preventing chances off the rush back in 2020

As for Vancouver they have been one if not the worse team off the rush for a few seasons now and have primarily generated their offence off the cycle - top-5 in chances last season and even led the league in cycle goals the bubble season.  

And that second wave is exactly where so much of their offense comes from.  Their defense core is their second wave and where so much goal scoring comes from.  I just explained in a more detailed way how they do it.  Makes a lot of sense to think about and I wonder if more teams will catch on to that style of play and attempt it more, or if other teams have tried attempting it and only the Avs have been able to implement it effectively.

13 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I like the guy from Tampa myself.  He drafts endless gems.  Al Murray come on down!

Hell, why not hire tAl Murray from Tampa as our new head scout and Garth Joy from the Avs as our new pro scout

I am fine with that, Alvin would be a mistake on paper if that is who we wire. Hoping Grandpa Jim sticks to his DIVERSITY comments and doesn't just mean 1 hire would be a woman or different raced person but the bulk of hires would be former Penguin colleagues