The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cool/thought provoking pics thread.

Rate this topic

Dumb hockey questions - Michael Jackson, Stan Smyl and Mario Lemieux -  Vancouver Is Awesome

Canuck captain Stan Smyl probably thinking 'get me out of here' as he takes a ceremonial face off against Mario Lemiuex at the Pacific Coliseum as Michael Jackson drops the puck from above his head.

No one brought out the carpet for Michael? Can't imagine those moon walking shoes had enough tread for the ice.

• Like 3

The Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, Holland, 1888

30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever

A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia, in 2009

Young man just found out his brother was killed

Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber

Zanjeer the dog saved thousands of lives during Mumbai serial blasts in March 1993 by detecting more than 3,329 kgs of the explosive RDX, 600 detonators, 249 hand grenades and 6406 rounds of live ammunition. He was buried with full honors in 2000

First morning after Sweden changed from driving on the left side to driving on the right, 1967

40 Must-See Photos From The Past

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Dumb hockey questions - Michael Jackson, Stan Smyl and Mario Lemieux -  Vancouver Is Awesome

Canuck captain Stan Smyl probably thinking 'get me out of here' as he takes a ceremonial face off against Mario Lemiuex at the Pacific Coliseum as Michael Jackson drops the puck from above his head.

No one brought out the carpet for Michael? Can't imagine those moon walking shoes had enough tread for the ice.

I still wonder if that was really him? Or just a publicity stunt double? Regardless that was weird. 

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I still wonder if that was really him? Or just a publicity stunt double? Regardless that was weird. 

It was him. The Jackson's Victory tour was in town for 3 sold out shows at the dome. Which coincided with the Canucks hosting Pittsburgh on Nov 18, 1984. For the record the Canucks won 7-6.

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It was him. The Jackson's Victory tour was in town for 3 sold out shows at the dome. Which coincided with the Canucks hosting Pittsburgh on Nov 18, 1984. For the record the Canucks won 7-6.

Thanks. I remember seeing that picture, and always thought it was odd. 

Video tells the story better than a single picture 

One of our species greatest achievements.

I was thinking of posting a picture of Phan Thi Kim Phuc OOnt more famously known as Napalm Girl to illustrate the best- the moon landing and the worst of our species,

however this is a family forum.

Phan is now a Canadian citizen.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1