The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Victor Rask, Zane McIntyre

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Waivers] Victor Rask, Zane McIntyre
2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Wow.

Haven't watched Victor Rask much this year - but it would surprise me quite a bit if the Canucks put a claim on him. Under Boudreau, he basically played the lowest TOI/GP than anyone else that dressed + at that cap hit. My guess is he clears

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

Good size, but his numbers are declining. The Boudreau affect might come into play.

Boudreau didn't play Rask much at all when he coached him last, I have some doubts that would change - and I doubt JR takes a chance at clogging up the rest of the cap space for him, plus one of the few remaining contract spaces left

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Boudreau didn't play Rask much at all when he coached him last, I have some doubts that would change - and I doubt JR takes a chance at clogging up the rest of the cap space for him, plus one of the few remaining contract spaces left

I had just posted my thoughts, and the person above said basically the same that you are saying. So, pass.

• Cheers 1

If Rask is taken on waivers, then would his $4M cap hit be prorated against the remaining cap space of his new team?

As pointed out earlier, Rask is a pending UFA which might make him more attractive as a "free" asset if a team otherwise has cap space to absorb him.  He has had a rough time in Minnesota.

Although Rask did not seem to be trusted by Boudreau, he was drafted by Carolina when JR was their GM.  Obviously a lot can change since that time, but maybe JR still likes him?

Rask doesn't really fit with the team long term but he might be a good stop gap if the team makes some trades.

I'm personally not expecting the Canucks to claim him but if they do, then that's going to be intriguing for what other moves the team will make in the next few months. 

Remember when people thought the Canucks would actually trade Boeser for Rask. LOL. Those rumors were ridiculous.

And also remember when Rask was traded for Nino Niederreiter?!? Double yikes.

Nobody will claim either of these guys. Rask is too expensive and McIntyre is a third string goalie... maybe.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Remember when people thought the Canucks would actually trade Boeser for Rask. LOL. Those rumors were ridiculous.

And also remember when Rask was traded for Nino Niederreiter?!? Double yikes.

Nobody will claim either of these guys. Rask is too expensive and McIntyre is a third string goalie... maybe.

McIntyre would start in Edmonton if Smith can't go.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

The Wild who are known for being very thin for centers and they cut a center. There’s gotta be a reason for this. Irregardless cap hit alone means we’re out.

Been saying it all along... Miller on the Wild would make them an instant contender.