The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Tough Decisions

Ok this is my first post so be gentle on me. I listen to a lot of people here talk about moving Miller because of his value and the return we can get, which is all true. I personally think its the wrong direction to go. I think the best move is to ride this guy, give him the C and move Horvat. Miller is the one to lead us to Lord Stanley and I think we can still get a good return for Horvat, being a stud right shot D and picks or a prospect. Now don't think I don't like Horvat because I do but we all know we have to move someone to get someone being a right shot D and be able to sign Brock, Petey and others down the road. Miller is the leader of this team whether we like it or not and realistically who better do we have to bring our first cup to Vancouver? Ok have at er and be nice.

• Like 1

Well, to start, your whole post is within a quote box (which is weird) and it lacks the required tags for a proposal thread.

Also, as a proposal it's kind of weak.  Who are you moving Horvat to?  Why would they want him?  What might they offer in return?  Why would the Canucks want what the other team is willing to part with?

Answer some of these questions and you might have a solid thread.  And don't make it a solid block of text.

Just my two cents.

Edited by goalie13
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

Fearless.

First thread and, Trade Bo.

At least most of the replies so far had to do with format etc.

(Note couplets and white space herein, for easy reading.)

Bo's a great face-off man and brings a lot of positives.

Personally, I do not want to lose him.

I also don't think we are as desperate for a RHD as most posters seem to think.

Myers is excellent, imo, and Schenn is an all-time favorite of mine.

If we were healthy, Hamonic would be back, etc, but all teams are suffering injuries and Covid right now.

JB managed to get all this under the cap and for now we're winning so its, 'Stay The Course' for me.

Cheers!

• Vintage 1

Yes, let's move our 2c, soon to be 27 year old captain who's been here through the lows for a soon to be 29 year old who's likely peaking. Lead us to a cup? Let's try making the playoffs consistently first before dreaming about contending. We've made it twice in eight years. 

Nah, I see retaining Bo as more important than retaining Miller. He's a bit younger, and we've nobody younger than him in the system who can replicate his offensive jam and faceoff prowess. Plus, he's our captain. 

Edited by Coconuts

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Fearless.

If we were healthy, Hamonic would be back, etc, but all teams are suffering injuries and Covid right now.

JB managed to get all this under the cap and for now we're winning so its, 'Stay The Course' for me.

Cheers!

Hamonic is gone next year. As is Schenn. Myers the year after. What's your succession plan there? Never mind that we need better right D with those guys on the roster.

As for the OP, props for the balls to suggest trading 'Cappy'... But no.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Hamonic is gone next year. As is Schenn. Myers the year after. What's your succession plan there? Never mind that we need better right D with those guys on the roster.

Succession Plan

We're talk'n 'bout a Succession Plan?

How the howl'n hell would I know?

If I was GM or Prez, we'd have one crappy frkinn team, I know that!

• Haha 1

I can see first trade being Motte UFA this summer will demand 2 million can replace him with Lockwood at 900,000....

We will have to move one of Miller, Boeser , Horvat for young #2 RD under 26 years old, 1st rounder and young prospect..

Miller will get best return and he will be 29 yrs old in summer 2023 when contract expires..He will demand min 7.8 to 8.2 million X 6yrs...

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Schenn has a two year deal at 750K per. He'll be here next year.... especially if his solid play continues. 

I agree no trade zee Captain.

1 hour ago, Moe Knows said:

Schenn has a two year deal at 750K per. He'll be here next year.... especially if his solid play continues. 

I agree no trade zee Captain.

*After next year. At the end of next year he and Hamonic are gone. Myers the year after. We need a succession plan.

18 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Well, to start, your whole post is within a quote box (which is weird) and it lacks the required tags for a proposal thread.

Also, as a proposal it's kind of weak.  Who are you moving Horvat to?  Why would they want him?  What might they offer in return?  Why would the Canucks want what the other team is willing to part with?

Answer some of these questions and you might have a solid thread.  And don't make it a solid block of text.

Just my two cents.

My idea was just about who we could move, not really a proposal just an idea who we should think about moving. I'll let the GM decide where and what we need besides a right shot D. I'll try and do better next time with the format and tags. So I don't think its weak or weird, just a thought.

17 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Fearless.

Cheers!

We need more balance in our line up, I love Bo and yes he's a great face off guy but you have to give to get and I think our D needs more work than our offence

17 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Yes, let's move our 2c, soon to be 27 year old captain who's been here through the lows for a soon to be 29 year old who's likely peaking. Lead us to a cup? Let's try making the playoffs consistently first before dreaming about contending. We've made it twice in eight years. 

Nah, I see retaining Bo as more important than retaining Miller. He's a bit younger, and we've nobody younger than him in the system who can replicate his offensive jam and faceoff prowess. Plus, he's our captain. 

Having a vet Captain is not such a bad idea, you have to have a mix of youth and vets so why not Miller. He's seems to be our leader right now with out the C so I say use Bo+ to bring a package of things we need and let Miller lead the way

16 hours ago, wildcam said:

I can see first trade being Motte UFA this summer will demand 2 million can replace him with Lockwood at 900,000....

We will have to move one of Miller, Boeser , Horvat for young #2 RD under 26 years old, 1st rounder and young prospect..

Miller will get best return and he will be 29 yrs old in summer 2023 when contract expires..He will demand min 7.8 to 8.2 million X 6yrs...

As long as that contract for Miller is moveable I really don't care. If I'm choosing a leader right now I'll take Miller over Bo because right now it seems he's doing it without the C

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

Having a vet Captain is not such a bad idea, you have to have a mix of youth and vets so why not Miller. He's seems to be our leader right now with out the C so I say use Bo+ to bring a package of things we need and let Miller lead the way

Because Bo's a couple years younger and Miller's likely peaking, and I don't see our competitive window being the next 2-3 years and Miller's likely to begin declining before Bo does

As for Miller being our leader, being emotional and outspoken on the ice doesn't necessarily make on a better leader, leadership shows differently for different people 

Skating around yelling "&^@#" when something doesn't go your way doesn't mean you care more than any other player 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Because Bo's a couple years younger and Miller's likely peaking, and I don't see our competitive window being the next 2-3 years and Miller's likely to begin declining before Bo does

As for Miller being our leader, being emotional and outspoken on the ice doesn't necessarily make on a better leader, leadership shows differently for different people 

Skating around yelling "&^@#" when something doesn't go your way doesn't mean you care more than any other player 

I'll agree to disagree, even if Miller declines before Bo what does that mean? He'll drop down to Bo's production? I see raw emotion and passion from Miller that I have never seen in Bo.

2 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

I'll agree to disagree, even if Miller declines before Bo what does that mean? He'll drop down to Bo's production? I see raw emotion and passion from Miller that I have never seen in Bo.

And there's nothing wrong with that, they're very different players and people 

Bo's a great 2c, I still believe Elias can be a 1c

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

And there's nothing wrong with that, they're very different players and people 

Bo's a great 2c, I still believe Elias can be a 1c

Well maybe I'd have a different opinion if EP was playing to his potential right now but I guess I'm going with the present team situation. I am also hoping EP returns to form and what do you think Bo is going to demand for a contract as a 2nd line center?