The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Miller to NYR for Schneider package.

1 hour ago, komodo0921 said:

Now that it's heavily rumored he is indeed, very much, on New York's radar, I don't know that they'd want to mess with their line-up much for fear of disrupting the success they've had thus far.

Assuming you're referring to Chytil...he's been developing in fits and starts a bit, and has been healthy scratched a couple times this year, and shuffled around the lineup. I think if they could upgrade him to Miller, they wouldn't lose too much sleep over it ;) Plus we'd need to take some cap back.

Works for us as he's young, fast and still has upside (even if he's been a bit disappointing thus far). 

1 hour ago, komodo0921 said:

Another belief of mine is that JB traded away far too many draft picks during his tenure in a futile attempt to fast track the rebuild.

Meh, you win some you lose some. We can trade Miller for far more right now than what we paid to acquire him. That's exactly what any GM should be doing.

Building. Addding.

Any time you can add value to your franchise, whether that's buying Miller for a comparative song a couple years ago, or selling him for Chytil, Schneider, a 1st + this TDL, you do it IMO (as long as it makes sense in your overall larger plan). Doesn't matter where you are in your "cycle".

Same goes for the OEL Garland trade. We got a 5 years younger and better skating Edler replacement, a fast, younger, tenacious top 6 F that we could sell for again, more than we paid all while clearing inefficient/dead cap.

Benning had his flaws and I'm happy to have Rutherford and Co in charge of getting us to that next step, but he left a LOT to work with.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Assuming you're referring to Chytil...he's been developing in fits and starts a bit, and has been healthy scratched a couple times this year, and shuffled around the lineup. I think if they could upgrade him to Miller, they wouldn't lose too much sleep over it ;) Plus we'd need to take some cap back.

Works for us as he's young, fast and still has upside (even if he's been a bit disappointing thus far). 

Meh, you win some you lose some. We can trade Miller for far more right now than what we paid to acquire him. That's exactly what any GM should be doing.

Building. Addding.

Any time you can add value to your franchise, whether that's buying Miller for a comparative song a couple years ago, or selling him for Chytil, Schneider, a 1st + this TDL, you do it IMO. Doesn't matter where you are in your "cycle".

Same goes for the OEL Garland trade. We got a 5 years younger and better skating Edler replacement, a fast, younger, tenacious top 6 F that we could sell for again, more than we paid all while clearing inefficient/dead cap.

Benning had his flaws and I'm happy to have Rutherford and Co in charge of getting us to that next step, but he left a LOT to work with.

Doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to taking Chytl on.

Meh?

JB, is that you?

How's the "day by day" approach working for you?

It is a fitting response, however, as the best we can say about this team is, meh.

9 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

Doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to taking Chytl on.

Meh?

JB, is that you?

How's the "day by day" approach working for you?

It is a fitting response, however, as the best we can say about this team is, meh.

He's an NHL'er. He wouldn't be the first guy to get a wake up call trade and do better things on his new team. And he's only 22...has a LOT of miles ahead of him before declaring what kind/quality of player he "is". At worst, he a young, speedy, somewhat inconsitent 3rd line  W'er/C with size and decent 2 way play on a reasonable contract. And unlike NYR, we've got time to see where he gets to. They're competitive now. I'm fine taking that with Schneider, a first and potentially more (particularly if we retain on JT).

You can keep the childish ad-hominem stuff to yourself though, thanks. Do better.

And this team is far better than 'meh' IMO. I think we're finally seeing some of that with BB at the helm (currently a wildcard playoff team if it was a full season under Bruce). And that's with a core a couple years from it's prime. There's good times ahead. Even better ones if Rutherford pulls the right strings.

Edited by aGENT
  • Haha 1