The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Pettersson for Lafreniere

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Certainly a lot of what's plaguing Pettersson is internal, but to say it's Greens fault is both ridiculous and unfounded. 

FTFY.

And ya I do think righty or wrongly that a large part of what's plaguing Pete rn is a lesson in humility. He acts like a lil biotch when things don't go his way. All you have to do is watch the games all the evidence you need is right there. Call it ego or whatever you prefer but really looks to me like a kid who got a big head slacked off and got taken down a peg or 2. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I mentioned this in the halak trade rumour thread

To NYR:  Miller

To VAN: 2022 2nd, 2021 1st, Alexis Lafrenier 

Miller is EXACTLY what the Rags need right now.  They have $5 ish million in cap space.  AF has looked like a poor mans Yakupov but could still bust out (QMJHL risk is evident) and we need that cost protected LW depth and won't be able to pay Miller the no doubt upcoming $7.75+ million he'll be asking with term.

Miller makes the Rags contenders NOW while AF is looking more and more like a bench sitter than a 1st OA player.  Byfield, Raymond, Stutzle and Drysdale are blowing by him in terms of production and the risk would be on us to take that potential bust of a 1st OA off of their hands and some later later early round picks.

I’m not sure they’d be willing to part with Lafreniere. If it’s a certainty we won’t be able to afford Miller I think we’d still be able to get a package involving Schneider and Kravtsov at minimum. 

6 hours ago, Pears said:

I’m not sure they’d be willing to part with Lafreniere. If it’s a certainty we won’t be able to afford Miller I think we’d still be able to get a package involving Schneider and Kravtsov at minimum. 

If we could get Schneider and Kravtsov, I’d probably do that deal. Young, promising RHD, and a forward that hasn’t necessarily worked out for them at 22 years old. I might want also want either a 2nd in 2023, or a 1st round pick. Get the feeling that Kravtsov may not work out, while they get a forward who has just about everything. Gotta give to get as they say, so if the Rangers want Miller, they’ll have to pay up to get him. 

6 hours ago, hammertime said:

FTFY.

And ya I do think righty or wrongly that a large part of what's plaguing Pete rn is a lesson in humility. He acts like a lil biotch when things don't go his way. All you have to do is watch the games all the evidence you need is right there. Call it ego or whatever you prefer but really looks to me like a kid who got a big head slacked off and got taken down a peg or 2. 

I certainly agree that there is an element of humility this season. He may have thought that things came easy to him, and the first two years certainly would have confirmed that belief, or conviction, but this season has been a huge dose of humble pie, which is good for him. You can have self belief as much as you want, but at the end of the day, you gotta back up those words. You want to play for a winner? that’s the one statement from this summer that has rubbed fans in this market the wrong way, then you gotta be damn sure to back up your play and performance. If you’re not producing and then complaining about wanting to play for a winner, that just looks and reflects poorly on you as both a player, and an individual, in my opinion and perspective. 

Not even Gretzky made those claims, and the guy is the GOAT. 

I love ya, Petey, but take your place in the world of professional hockey. Put up, or shut up and continue to work on your game and contribute. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

If we could get Schneider and Kravtsov, I’d probably do that deal. Young, promising RHD, and a forward that hasn’t necessarily worked out for them at 22 years old. I might want also want either a 2nd in 2023, or a 1st round pick. Get the feeling that Kravtsov may not work out, while they get a forward who has just about everything. Gotta give to get as they say, so if the Rangers want Miller, they’ll have to pay up to get him. 

Players like Miller don’t become available often, so if it’s looking like we won’t be able to afford what he wants on his next contract then we gotta make sure we squeeze as much value out of him as we can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Players like Miller don’t become available often, so if it’s looking like we won’t be able to afford what he wants on his next contract then we gotta make sure we squeeze as much value out of him as we can. 

Yup.  A team that thinks Miller is there missing piece to get to the Cup will pay a lot for him, especially at this TDL.  That would give them two runs at the Cup with Miller.  Miller’s highest value, because of that two Cup runs, is highest at this TDL.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Remember the trade proposals to draft Dahlin (as in move up in the draft and get the "next Lidstrom"?) .... first overall picks seem to be an obsession on this site.   Guess what?   They often are not the best players in draft reviews.   Even Lafluer lol... Dionne outscored him by 400 points, and was arguably the best Center during his career in the NHL after Wayne Gretzky.    Just let things slide on this front.    Trying to have a brother duo again is equally silly,  

I agree with Alf.   Why trade a C for a winger?   Miller is the guy we should be considering for a trade.    Or maybe Brock Boeser given his next deal might be hard to earn.  

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  A team that thinks Miller is there missing piece to get to the Cup will pay a lot for him, especially at this TDL.  That would give them two runs at the Cup with Miller.  Miller’s highest value, because of that two Cup runs, is highest at this TDL.

Miller with 50% retention is just a monster deal for any team entering the playoffs.   Bet we'd get a bidding war.   Can say, if we were a top 5-10 team i'd for sure roll the dice on him.    Funny thing is ... and this is the irony ... we absolutely could be one ourselves if we make the playoffs.   It will mean that since Bruce took over we are ourselves, a top 1-6 team over that period of time, and in that case you simply do not mess with anything.   Chances in this league don't happen every year ... or half decade or even decade.   Not anymore at least.   One final losing appearance, and one cup win, is the average now over a 32 year span.    You simply need to make the playoffs and modify from that season going forward.   LA two middling at best regular season teams, two cups.   St. Louis, a solid team without any superstars one cup.   Anything can happen these days, the more reps the merrier. 

Edited by IBatch

1 question cdc, when has a #1 overall supposed impact generation player ever been traded during his ELC for a guy needing a new contract as a UFA at age 30....bet the answer is NEVER!

So I have to laugh at anyone suggesting JT Miller for Laffy...would be a horrible trade for NYR, they have committed a lot to Panarin and Zibanejad, doubt they want to overpay JT Miller to keep him for his age 30 plus NHL season. I bet NYR didn't want to include Laffy for Eichel, which to me would have made more sense but that was a huge cap difference for NYR to try and swallow, similar to the EP for Laffy and lesser extent JT for Laffy

On 1/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

We add Rathbone & they add Schneider, then it starts sounding interesting. Feel the Rags might need to add a +

Can't say either way. Don't know enough about Rag's prospects, tbh. But it's an interesting suggestion.

A Lafreniere / Schneider deal in intriguing.

Big gamble as we know Pettersson to be fantastic when he is.

• Vintage 1