The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks vs Senators - Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

yes but I love to watch the Canuck Faithful throw in the towel because of 1 PPD game against Ottawa

the Sky

the Sky

its Falling

the SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

I mean, it’s not just one game. The team hasn’t played in like 10 days. 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, it’s not just one game. The team hasn’t played in like 10 days. 

which is why I asked in my now deleted GDT

is this the Canucks choice or that of the league?

1 minute ago, lmm said:

which is why I asked in my now deleted GDT

is this the Canucks choice or that of the league?

I don’t think it’s the league’s choice. But that’s not confirmed. 

Rumors are that Aquilini cancelled/postponed the game. Not making money, and who can blame him. At the end of the day this is a business for the man, and having it at half capacity just ain’t cutting it for him. But hey, I figured that maybe 50 percent is better than 0. 

As a result of just pushing games back, the team is going to have a ton of games in a short period of time, just like they did a few years back, and they didn’t do that well in that spell of games if I recall correctly. So I can’t imagine that’s going to be to the team’s advantage. 

Well, this season might as well be a write off, considering everything that’s going on with players (Petey in particular), the world, covid issues, etc, etc. It was depressing when we didn’t have games at all, so I guess can still follow along with some sort of hockey being played in the US - those crazy bastards down south. 

• Thanks 1

I'll only be disappointed if the season is cut short with all these postponements due to lack of capacity and money, and in doing so the Canucks miss out on the playoffs due to point percentage because we didn't make a coaching change soon enough, and if we had played all 82 games we would have caught up.

Rested, untrained, it doesn't matter, if we lose then we lose fairly, but if we don't get a chance to make a playoff push then that's not fair.

If the season was cancelled today we'd be out of the playoffs but the way the Oilers and Canucks are trending, we could swap places in the standings after 10 games.

I hear people's concerns over game cancellations, but let's be optimistic for a moment, the team has had a lot of practice time under their new coach and have had the necessary time to implement the new systems to their fullest, plus we're rested, and relatively healthy (with the exception of Hamonic) as far as the roster goes as it stood since the start of the year. 

New year, new coach, new optimism, new start for EP:). 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

28 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, if we were on the run, and didn’t have all these postponed games, then I think there was a chance that we could have done well on that five road swing against some of the best teams in the league. 

Now? With all of this. I can’t see the team doing very well, especially if we’re entering into that five game road trip, ice cold. 

I disagree. Could what you are expecting to happen actually happen? Yes, we could bomb badly this trip. Let’s not forget though we already came off a cold 2 week non-game playing stretch (over the holidays no less, the whole eat and drink overindulgence time of year) and went 2-0-1 in the 3 games played since then. Now obviously the teams we face on the road are better teams than those we won against, but these also weren’t exactly the easiest of games.

In Anaheim we faced a wall in the net who has always had our team’s number, peppered 40+ shots on goal, many more blocked or missed and still managed to win. In LA we were on a back to back after a monster performance just after being off for 2 weeks and still got a point. These 2 games were the most important results we’ve had this year imo. Managing to scrounge a point when we’re playing bad and taking 2 when we’re playing great, but the goalie is stopping everything.

These are impressive feats for any team. Character results that show our team never gives up no matter what. I like our chances of starting with a win and of going 500 on the road.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think we can expect to win those games given our situation now. 

Might as well forget the playoffs, and whatever run we were on, I think that’s going to die as well. 

What?

We could just as easily win all the games on this trip.

To be sure we have no hope is ridiculous, imo of course.

GO CANUCKS GO

Go on the road, go.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Canada should not have NHL teams until after the pandemic is done.  It’s like we’re the only country afraid of this virus. Willing to sacrifice everything to defeat this virus. 

Let’s lend our team to Portland for the next 5-10 years! 

There is no defeating this virus though. Just like there was no defeating H1N1, which has been around since 1918, which is over a century ago. Sacrificing everything to "beat" something that will never really ever go away is not a smart move. Just like other viruses throughout time, this will (and looks to be) weakening and becoming endemic. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Well then, keep that negativity to yourself; there's no place for it here.

How dare I make factual points about the literal NHL standings as they are today. Pointing out the caliber of the teams we're going to be playing isn't negative. 

I even mentioned I'd be impressed if we got through the road trip at .500, forgive me if I don't have any pom-poms. 

You say "negative", I'll say pragmatic. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There is no defeating this virus though. Just like there was no defeating H1N1, which has been around since 1918, which is over a century ago. Sacrificing everything to "beat" something that will never really ever go away is not a smart move. Just like other viruses throughout time, this will (and looks to be) weakening and becoming endemic. 

Then we might as well kiss it all goodbye permanently and throw a victory parade for Corona.  

This won’t go away until there’s a least 8 shots in every arm. So look at the switch to endemic for maybe 2025 or 2026 & by then the financial side of all this will finally start to show up and we may not be able to have the league financially survive this century’s Great Depression. 

• Wat 1

26 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Then we might as well kiss it all goodbye permanently and throw a victory parade for Corona.

That's a bit of an overreaction. Consider in the two years it's been here that Covid has infected 303,447,963 people with 5,496,209 dying from it. The 1918 Influenza infected 1/3 of the entire human population, and over 50,000,000 - 75,000,000 died from it. 

This won’t go away until there’s a least 8 shots in every arm.

Based on what? 

So look at the switch to endemic for maybe 2025 or 2026

Again, based on what? 

& by then the financial side of all this will finally start to show up and we may not be able to have the league financially survive this century’s Great Depression. 

The financial impacts of lockdowns has already been felt by thousands if not millions of people. Many have lost their livelihoods and some have chosen to opt out of life because of it. The impacts of these last couple of years, and all that's happened, will reverberate throughout the next century, at the very least.

That being said, I'm going to head back to hockeytown and keep this thread out of covidville.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

Can’t wait to see the Canucks crush the Panthers, then the Lightning, then the Hurricanes.

6 points out of 6 and letting the League know this team’s for real.

The way they’re going, they win 2 out of the 3 minimum.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's a bit of an overreaction. Consider in the two years it's been here that Covid has infected 303,447,963 people with 5,496,209 dying from it. The 1918 Influenza infected 1/3 of the entire human population, and over 50,000,000 - 75,000,000 died from it. 

Based on what? 

Again, based on what? 

The financial impacts of lockdowns has already been felt by thousands if not millions of people. Many have lost their livelihoods and some have chosen to opt out of life because of it. The impacts of these last couple of years, and all that's happened, will reverberate throughout the next century, at the very least.

That being said, I'm going to head back to hockeytown and keep this thread out of covidville.

He's been doing that lately.

If his posting style was a martial art I would say Akido, it's known for  'when you push, I pull'

Instead of giving his honest opinion, which I believe is someone that isn't too concerned about the virus. He is pretending to be overly concerned and being facetious with his suggestions. 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, if we were on the run, and didn’t have all these postponed games, then I think there was a chance that we could have done well on that five road swing against some of the best teams in the league. 

Now? With all of this. I can’t see the team doing very well, especially if we’re entering into that five game road trip, ice cold

Ice cold? Or, rested and fresh?

Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

He's been doing that lately.

If his posting style was a martial art I would say Akido, it's known for  'when you push, I pull'

Instead of giving his honest opinion, which I believe is someone that isn't too concerned about the virus. He is pretending to be overly concerned and being facetious with his suggestions. 

I understand. That being said, I still value his opinion like I do most on these boards, so I feel the need to honor it by responding. 

• Cheers 3