The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] John Klingberg requests trade

Benn & Sequin almost 20 mill of AAV?

Nice to see the Stars bathing in BS

Reminiscent of the town they left(Minny), who wound up taking a bath in 2 atrocious contracts, & screwed for the next 3 yrs.

This guy knows they got no wriggle-room, so he wants to go wherever he can cash in. Could see him wind up in Philly(Ellis deal?) or perhaps Boston.

• Vintage 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Yeah but Broberg is a likely bust and Barrie has negative value.

Barrie allows them to have a puck mover to at least partially replace klingberg. They are still trying to make the playoffs.

Broberg is far from a bust at this point. Could do well in an environment that isn’t known for ruining prospects. Could be a good fit with Heiskanen.

• Vintage 1

Friends with OEL and they would make just a fine pairing.

Poolman or Hamonic for Klingberg :)

If we actually wanted him we could really probably get him at a reasonable deal during free agency.  Not really a defensive stalwart, but an upgrade on Poolman/Hamonic if we could ditch their cap hits.

https://www.bardown.com/oliver-ekman-larsson-pranked-john-klingberg-by-filling-his-hotel-room-with-1400-balloons-1.1305742

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A 1st from Edmonton could be top 10 at the rate they’re going.

Pretty good haul for a pending UFA asking for 8 mil long term.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Barrie allows them to have a puck mover to at least partially replace klingberg. They are still trying to make the playoffs.

Broberg is far from a bust at this point. Could do well in an environment that isn’t known for ruining prospects. Could be a good fit with Heiskanen.

I still don't think it's an overpayment... the only item of real significant value is that 1st round pick...

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I still don't think it's an overpayment... the only item of real significant value is that 1st round pick...

How much more do you think a team would pay then that?

I don’t see him fetching more than a late 1st and a prospect.

Broberg is still a top 10 pick with lots of potential and that 1st could be high. A lot for a guy that you can’t even re-sign.

Edited by DeNiro

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Barrie specializes in moving the puck to the other team.  He is simply not an NHL quality player with how much of a liability be is in his own zone, and adding him hurts a team's playoff chances.

Yes I get the running joke.

Hes still a top 4 defenseman in this league though. I doubt many contenders are going to offer them any sort of replacement D man.

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes I get the running joke.

Hes still a top 4 defenseman in this league though. I doubt many contenders are going to offer them any sort of replacement D man.

I honestly don't think he is if the team is serious about winning.  You can't win with a defensemen who can't play defense.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How much more do you think a team would pay then that?

I don’t see him fetching more than a late 1st and a prospect.

Broberg is still a top 10 pick with lots of potential and that 1st could be high. A lot for a guy that you can’t even re-sign.

A 25 year old, 6'3" 190lbs versatile defenceman, that is a RHD top pair, capable of around 10 goals and 50-60pts per season?

Sure as heck a lot more than a late 1st and a prospect. 

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

I like Kling, not sure he's what we need though. I would like to see a solid top four, shutdown dman added instead. 

Like Schenn or Poolman?  They’re playing those roles rather well.  Hughes and OEL are so fantastic, aren’t they?