The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Demko at #9

Rate this topic

iceman64

This just in, surprising in one way, not surprising in another!

After a steady progression upward, along with his confidence to stare down that rob some if the best snipers in the NHL in regulation time, overtime, and shoot out.

Demko is ranked in the top 10 goalies in the NHL by the sportingnews.com coming in at 9th and you just know he may or may not be at his ceiling but his calmness and focus is surely at the elite level and it's showing what a great investment he is, not to mention his humility and heart that's so much fun to watch! 

Congrats Demmer! Glad your with us! 

edit: yes might vary depending on who you talk to but I'd agree with him on the top 10 list especially consistently playing so well in the last 10 games and the most steady player on the team, almost matched closely maybe by Garland before BB showed up.  

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, iceman64 said:

This just in, surprising in one way, not surprising in another!

After a steady progression upward, along with his confidence to stare down that rob some if the best snipers in the NHL in regulation time, overtime, and shoot out.

Demko is ranked in the top 10 goalies in the NHL by the sportingnews.com coming in at 9th and you just know he may or may not be at his ceiling but his calmness and focus is surely at the elite level and it's showing what a great investment he is, not to mention his humility and heart that's so much fun to watch! 

Congrats Demmer! Glad your with us! 

edit: yes might vary depending on who you talk to but I'd agree with him on the top 10 list especially consistently playing so well in the last 10 games and the most steady player on the team, almost matched closely maybe by Garland before BB showed up.  

Do you have a link to the article? I am curious as to who is ahead of Demko.

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Markstrom, the guy with a .926 save percentage? I don't regret letting him go in the slightest, but come on. Dude was legit and played Vezina level for us.

And what if we kept Marky and traded Demko after his bubble performance?  

13 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

As I have said before in Topics about Thatcher - Jacob who???

I agree and I was one of the first here to suggest letting Marky walk instead of trading/losing TD. That was just before Demko's all-world performance against the Golden Shytes.

41 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Markstrom, the guy with a .926 save percentage? I don't regret letting him go in the slightest, but come on. Dude was legit and played Vezina level for us.

The point I was making is Thatcher is just as capable and at a lower cost with no NMC and oh yeah is 5 years younger?

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And what if we kept Marky and traded Demko after his bubble performance?  

We would be stuck with a 31 yr old goaltender at 6 million with a NMC - I loved Marky in Vancouver but the right choice was made to let him walk with Demko in the wings.

Vancouver has had their struggles with developing players, but they have done a heck of a job with netminders in the past 12 or so years. 

Schneider

Markstrom

Demko 

And DiPietro may prove to be a solid goalie as well one day!