The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

The funny thing is if he didn’t want to get vaccinated he could have just not played games in Canada like Bertuzzi is doing in Detroit. He only would’ve forfeited that portion of his salary from those games in Canada, which would have only been about a quarter of his salary. So in an attempt to still get that portion of money, he had vaccination documents forged and ended up losing all of it.

At least with his original Covid policy infraction in the NHL. I’m not sure about the details of his AHL Covid infraction.

According to Evander Kane, he is now fully vaccinated.  I don't think that is the issue with breaking the AHL's COVID protocols...

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Other players haven't committed criminal medical fraud.  From a player safety standpoint, you have to take additional steps to avoid this walking biohazard doesn't infect the rest of the team.

Walking biohazard? Dude, give it a rest. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Probably the best thing Evander could do is to retire and walk away from the game. He would still be making well over a million per year for the next 6 years as part of his buyout package. and if he actually sought out help for his various issues; he could still live comfortably while transitioning to a non hockey workplace.

He still has his NHL pension.  Even OJ was allowed to collect his NFL pension after he murdered two people, "allegedly"...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to Evander Kane, he is now fully vaccinated.  I don't think that is the issue with breaking the AHL's COVID protocols...

Perhaps not, but that’s what helped start the journey down this road with San Jose. They gave him just enough rope to hang himself with and damned if he didn’t put his neck right into that noose. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Walking biohazard? Dude, give it a rest. 

What else do you call someone who commits criminal medical fraud with a fake vaccine passport, and then violates team protocols yet again?  Kane belongs in prison; I stand behind what I said.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Probably the best thing Evander could do is to retire and walk away from the game. He would still be making well over a million per year for the next 6 years as part of his buyout package. and if he actually sought out help for his various issues; he could still live comfortably while transitioning to a non hockey workplace.

He is not being bought out, the Sharks are attempting to void his contract.

No more money- other than an nhl pension, which has nothing to do with the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Other players haven't committed criminal medical fraud.  From a player safety standpoint, you have to take additional steps to avoid this walking biohazard doesn't infect the rest of the team.

Ya, so hiring a private investigator to follow him around still doesn’t fly in an arbitration.

To get out of a signed guaranteed contract for over $22 million they are going to have had to be perfect on how they prepared for this.  

Edited by Provost

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

This was my thought as well. SJS would have been looking for ANY reason to get out of that contract.

I'm sure the NHLPA will want some pretty solid evidence. Probably wasn't hard to get. 

12 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

The funny thing is if he didn’t want to get vaccinated he could have just not played games in Canada like Bertuzzi is doing in Detroit. He only would’ve forfeited that portion of his salary from those games in Canada, which would have only been about a quarter of his salary. So in an attempt to still get that portion of money, he had vaccination documents forged and ended up losing all of it.

At least with his original Covid policy infraction in the NHL. I’m not sure about the details of his AHL Covid infraction.

Not necessarily; the Warriors in the NBA are required to have all the players vaccinated for home games.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

The only way i would be ok is if he had to stay at his parents house all the time outside of team activities 

Interesting take. Do you think maybe the way he is might partially come from his upbringing? Are his parents rock solid disciplinarians who can make Evander toe the line? I think they would be protective of him and tolerant of his behaviour, as parents tend to be. What else can the parents of a 30 year old man do that will improve him, send him to his room with no supper?

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not necessarily; the Warriors in the NBA are required to have all the players vaccinated for home games.

I guess it depends on the team, but I was under the impression that vaccines weren’t mandatory in the NHL but you would forfeit the money for the games you couldn’t attend ala Tyler Bertuzzi. 

6 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I can’t believe even a minority of fans are actually suggesting signing this cancer. Look at the guys history. I don’t want him anywhere near this team. Even if you put all that considerable baggage aside, the media distraction alone makes it not worth it. 

The biggest issue for me would be the fact that he didn't seem well liked by his previous teams.  

I honestly couldn't care less that he had a kid with a crazy chick who accused him of everything she could (everything was disproved in court).  

I also don't care that he had a gambling problem.  

Yeah he would not be a good fit in a Canadian team with the Canadian media.  It would be a huge distraction. 

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I guess it depends on the team, but I was under the impression that vaccines weren’t mandatory in the NHL but you would forfeit the money for the games you couldn’t attend ala Tyler Bertuzzi. 

Not so much the team as the local jurisdiction.  Kyrie Irving can only play away games in the NBA.  I used the Warriors as an example due to the proximity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1