The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I guess it depends on the team, but I was under the impression that vaccines weren’t mandatory in the NHL but you would forfeit the money for the games you couldn’t attend ala Tyler Bertuzzi. 

You are correct.  

NBA has an even lower percentage, they're at 97% vaccinated. 

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

Hope this wasn't for the game he played against Abbottsford.

I wonder though.

Seems a few Ahl Canucks ended up sick around that time.

If he’s Covid positive how does he get into our country?  Isn’t there a test required proving negative before getting in?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If he’s Covid positive how does he get into our country?  Isn’t there a test required proving negative before getting in?  

I don’t know if this is true but the nutbars are telling each other to smear the inside of their nostrils with Vaseline 5 minutes before getting tested.

I guess it’s more important to do what you want even if you’re infected. Who gives a crap about who you come in contact with.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

I heard if you’re positive you just have to admit it and then quarantine once you’re in Canada I’m sure that’s the only way he would get across the border but that could still mean he’s in violation of San Jose is quarantine policies or whatever protocols they have

1 minute ago, Bllewellyn said:

Pretty sure or at least I hope the Border doesn’t just go by somebody’s word for it pretty sure you’d have to provide proof and being a celebrity I’m pretty sure and it would be pretty fast to find out it was wrong 

if he showed a fake test result at the border he could be charged with fraud here. But its not clear yet where he was, did he test positive after coming up here for an Abby game?

Just now, JM_ said:

if he showed a fake test result at the border he could be charged with fraud here. But its not clear yet where he was, did he test positive after coming up here for an Abby game?

He was already in Covid protocol from last week.  He wouldn’t be travelling with the club, no?  

I think what’s interesting is there’s been no response by Evander Kane or his representation I have a feeling they’re crafting whatever they have to say and this isn’t the last we will hear about it I’ll be surprised if it’s left without him getting some sort of pay

• Like 1

Imagine losing the remainder of your 20 million+ contract, on top of the money you lost because of your fake vaccination status, because of your ineptitude, inability, or straight up unwillingness to do what almost every professional NHL player is doing regarding Covid. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

I also think he’ll end up with pay and he will be signed by another team especially if it’s showing all he did was travel across the border to stay with his parents while he was sick even though he’s an older person people will feel for him if he went home to be with mommy

1 minute ago, Bllewellyn said:

I think what’s interesting is there’s been no response by Evander Kane or his representation I have a feeling they’re crafting whatever they have to say and this isn’t the last we will hear about it I’ll be surprised if it’s left without him getting some sort of pay

I think it’s all or nothing.  His contract is getting terminated.  No more money from the Sharks.  The guy came up to Vancouver when he was supposed to be isolating while in his AHL club’s Covid protocol.