The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first player to be traded under the new management?

Rate this topic

Rabbit

6 minutes ago, khay said:

If we are in the playoff race, I will go with Rathbone.

I love the player but he is the only player that I think is definitely a surplus at this point in time while having the most future value from the perspective of a team that would be trading for him.

Rathbone could get us an immediate help elsewhere in the lineup if packaged with a draft pick to a bottom feeding team.

And if we are out of the playoff race, my bet is Tyler Motte. Again, love the player but he will be a UFA and will be looking at around 2.5 mil on his next contract. Don't think we can afford him.

I'm hoping Motte is the guy who will compromise to stay on this team.  He's an interesting case.  We can't afford to pay him $2.5M/yr but on the flip side he's part of the engine of the team and a valuable PKer.  He won't fetch a tonne in return neither.  My money is that we keep him at a reasonable salary unless he's used as a sweetener in a bigger trade.

• Like 1

Barring any more postponements, we should have a better idea of where the team stands at the end of Jan 29th. There are 7 games against some of the top teams in the league (FLA, TB, CAR, WSH, NSH, FLA, STL), followed by 3 games against teams we are directly competing against for playoffs spots (EDM, WPG, CGY). 7/10 of those are road games, and the CAR/WSH are back-to-back afternoon games. And this is all after an extended layoff.

If we make it through this stretch still winning at a high clip, the team may not change much, at least until the March 21st deadline. But if we lose more than half of them - particularly those last 3 - then our playoff hopes are pretty much done, and we could see a major move as early as next month.

I think the most likely prominent player to be traded is Boeser.

The most confusing player to me is EP.

He doesn't seem like a mentally weak guy. Confidence shouldn't be an issue with him.

His abilities are to high for him to dissappear like this.  I don't think he has been a liability but he hasn't been anywhere near as effective offensively. 

If we can get him back to the player he once was, I wouldn't mind trading him for a top 4 d and a first.......or something like that. 

It seemed to me at times the effort is not there and that there is something wrong that we at cdc are not aware of. 

To me priority number one for this team is to do whatever it takes to get him back on track. 

• Wat 1

9 hours ago, khay said:

If we are in the playoff race, I will go with Rathbone.

I love the player but he is the only player that I think is definitely a surplus at this point in time while having the most future value from the perspective of a team that would be trading for him.

Rathbone could get us an immediate help elsewhere in the lineup if packaged with a draft pick to a bottom feeding team.

And if we are out of the playoff race, my bet is Tyler Motte. Again, love the player but he will be a UFA and will be looking at around 2.5 mil on his next contract. Don't think we can afford him.

good call...

Motte could potentially fetch something decent... especially if we could get bubble Motte back. He was freaking awesome...

Edited by spook007
  • Vintage 1