The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first player to be traded under the new management?

Rate this topic

Rabbit

Veterans and pending UFA’s. History would say Pearson and Sutter, Halak also has to be up there in the veteran group. Motte is a pending UFA and should have value around the league. Depth Dman usually end up going for a decent price so Schenn could be in that mix as well, maybe Hamonic if we are lucky. I see the big names moving near the draft, unless someone offers us their shirt for Miller. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

This sums up my thoughts also.  If he were $5M/yr, it would be a different story.  But Miller is a much more rounded player.  Can't believe some people want to trade him even if he is 35.

A key question is; Who, truly, makes up the core of this team?

When I ask myself that question, JTM is always one of them. He's a guy to build a line around.

• Cheers 1

EP has two goals and 3 assists in 35 games 5 x 5.    And a 40.2% face off percentage.  77.3% ozone starts and all the PP minutes any player would love to have.    His possession metrics are good still, 10% approx above average.   -3.    I don't know what to say, but for close to 8 mill this isn't what the teams paying for.     Just a terrible awful season so far. Doesn't look like the same player at all.   He was paid to keep it up and break out a little given well he's at the right age to do that.     Two coaches now ... cant just broom this off as Green - especially given it was Green who trusted him at the start to play center off the hop with Goldobin lol.   So .... where the heck is our alien and is he coming back? 

If they are looking at getting something in return, I think Motte could be in play....

Not sure if they can find the money to keep him at the club. Think any club heading into the playoffs will be interested in his drive and high engine, especially if he starts to his the net regularly...

Dickinson, Brock, Miller, Pearson, Highmore, Chiasson, Poolman (probably any man not named Quinn) and who knows maybe even Petey (doubtful) could be on the block.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, spook007 said:

If they are looking at getting something in return, I think Motte could be in play....

Not sure if they can find the money to keep him at the club. Think any club heading into the playoffs will be interested in his drive and high engine, especially if he starts to his the net regularly...

Dickinson, Brock, Miller, Pearson, Highmore, Chiasson, Poolman (probably any man not named Quinn) and who knows maybe even Petey (doubtful) could be on the block.

Motte is 100% worth a late first to a team looking to shore up their PK and bottom six if he's healthy at the TDL IMK.    A second easy.   Guys amazing for what little ice time he gets.   And has already shown (in the bubble) that he can stand up to and play a heavy game against a team like Vegas. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Motte is 100% worth a late first to a team looking to shore up their PK and bottom six if he's healthy at the TDL IMK.    A second easy.   Guys amazing for what little ice time he gets.   And has already shown (in the bubble) that he can stand up to and play a heavy game against a team like Vegas. 

Will be sad to see him go, but he'll be looking at a serious raise, and not sure if they can afford to pay him accordingly, so to get something would not be a bad idea...

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Will be sad to see him go, but he'll be looking at a serious raise, and not sure if they can afford to pay him accordingly, so to get something would not be a bad idea...

Even if we can afford him (and I hope we approach him as UFA) I think new management needs to add more assets anywhere possible.

That includes selling high on certain older, highly valued players. This team isn't good enough as is. We desperately need to sell high value vets and split them in to more potentially high valued youth assets that can help us in a couple years. Now's the time.

Personally, I think Petey bounces back. Took Boeser a season to look 'normal' again after his wrist issues too. Add the long layoff last year, no camp this year. He's been playing catch up the entire season.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Even if we can afford him (and I hope we approach him as UFA) I think new management needs to add more assets anywhere possible.

That includes selling high on certain older, highly valued players. This team isn't good enough as is. We desperately need to sell high value vets and split them in to more potentially high valued youth assets that can help us in a couple years. Now's the time.

Personally, I think Petey bounces back. Took Boeser a season to look 'normal' again after his wrist issues too. Add the long layoff last year, no camp this year. He's been playing catch up the entire season.

Agree on both points...

This is also why its good to have changed to JR... He has no special feelings towards any of the players (unlike us), thus making the hard but right decision easier...

And as for Petey, knowing what he can be, you don't just dump him, unless something special comes around. Just the thought of seeing him blossom in another jersey makes me sick....

Think he'll turn it around as well... Its his first bit of head wind... 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

All I know is Boeser will be the first to go out of the bigger names. 

Yes, i would have to agree with you.  Other than the ability to shoot some great shots in the O-Zone he's one of the slowest (if not the slowest) cogs on the team and is too slow to back check, terrble in our own end, gets knocked of the puck, very often out of position and most importantly - his contract is coming up.    He's RIPE for trade and would fetch a good return now.  it's pretty obvious that only Demko and QH are the only two that have 100% certainty of staying put.  Everyone else is expendible!  Some would get a good return, others not, but Jim Rutherford will certainly not maintain this crew together next season - that is for certain.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

All I know is Boeser will be the first to go out of the bigger names. 

I think so too. He’s the one that will probably peak early in his career and decline. I don’t think he’ll be in the league much beyond 30. Might as well capitalize now and try to keep most of the core together. 

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Dickinson will be traded.  Can't win a faceoff.  We need an upgrade on him.  The thing about the regime change is they don't care that we just got him.

He will be traded.

He's been very underwhelming so far. I thought he was supposed to bring some physicality. Just floats out there.

They made a mistake with Dickinson. I was expecting a center who could shut down a line while adding a little bit of offense. He’s been a major disappointment. You need to be good at something if you are in the bottom six and are not good enough to be in the top six. Just another mistake in the Benning era. He just loved to make trades hoping they would work out.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82