The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first player to be traded under the new management?

Rate this topic

Rabbit

14 hours ago, Kelly Green said:

We need another top4 D badly so whoever it takes to make that happen. My guess is Brock.

I know with JR in charge now there are going to be players I like being traded away, hopefully I like who is coming back more.:towel:

I agree and JR likes speedy players and younger,(like Brocks age) but Brock is not supporting his increase in wage either

Just don't see the selling point as high as it was when he was even younger and scoring on a cheaper contract and the return may be underwhelming

Could be one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't kinda deals

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Boeser is just awful at puck retrieval.

Last year he was 13th for all the forwards, not just our team lol- but the entire league on the wall/boards.   So maybe what your saying is he's awful at something else?   Better then Miller - better then every other forward we have.   Don't have the stats for this year.  But yes he can win board battles because he does.   I'm getting tired of defending Brock Boeser's game.   I'd agree he was one dimensional his first season - since then he's grown a ton as a player.  Watch the games. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, IBatch said:

That's a tough one though.  Like both those guys.   Motte healthy is more valuable given his age and cap hit.   Same cap hit id have to stick with Pearson but even that's a tough one. 

Hope they re sign Motte, to be an effective 4th liner with Lammi & Highmore - for a few years.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 3

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Hope they re sign Motte, to be an effective 4th liner with Lammi & Highmore. 

Motte is awesome - i do worry about his health but at the same time when he plays we are a better team for it.   Hope we re-sign him too.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I am definitely against selling low on a playerlike Brock , rather keep him. Probably going to take 1 or 2 of the young core to get the pieces we need tho.

Another C and a RHD of course but I think we need a few physical players who can actually play effective minutes. Not necessarily heavyweights like Ferland but guys who can hit and will fight when necessary.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:56 PM, KyGuy123 said:

Veterans and pending UFA’s. History would say Pearson and Sutter, Halak also has to be up there in the veteran group. Motte is a pending UFA and should have value around the league. Depth Dman usually end up going for a decent price so Schenn could be in that mix as well, maybe Hamonic if we are lucky. I see the big names moving near the draft, unless someone offers us their shirt for Miller. 

Evidently the blue shirts want Miller and have great pieces we could use.

13 hours ago, Bertorama said:

Pearson he’s so solid in a trade deal, he’s not a make or break player for the Canucks. Motte will be a star again for us in the playoffs. 

Based on age, I would like to see the Canucks keep the Motte, Lammi & Highmore line for a year or two; and trade them when there values are high, as they get closer to there age 30.  There will always be GM's looking to fine tune there rosters, with [great intangibles] players, to complement there core.  Hopefully, it would be the other team overpaying, for these players rather than the Canucks.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 2

7 hours ago, Bertorama said:

Pearson he’s so solid in a trade deal, he’s not a make or break player for the Canucks. Motte will be a star again for us in the playoffs. 

Pearson would have to waive.  He wanted a NMC for a reason - and personally i'm against asking guys to waive them.  One thing JB did right was respect this and wait for the old core to come to him - like Bieksa, Hansen and Burrows eventually did.    And like Edler, the Sedins and others didn't.    It keeps UFAs interested in coming here...and it absolutely is part of creating a winning team (UFAs that is).    Horvat, Miller, BB etc know they will be treated well too, if we sign them and they want to sign here long term for their legacy deals. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Pearson would have to waive.  He wanted a NMC for a reason - and personally i'm against asking guys to waive them.  One thing JB did right was respect this and wait for the old core to come to him - like Bieksa, Hansen and Burrows eventually did.    And like Edler, the Sedins and others didn't.    It keeps UFAs interested in coming here...and it absolutely is part of creating a winning team (UFAs that is).    Horvat, Miller, BB etc know they will be treated well too, if we sign them and they want to sign here long term for their legacy deals. 

I have no problem in management telling players of interest by other teams. If it is in the interest of the Canucks to encourage a particular move, so be it. NTC & NMC give players some control to where they might go. A bargaining position. Obviously management has to be sensitive to relationships. If the player is in the long term plans then management would not need to ask. If not in the long term plans then advising him that there was interest from another club could be in his interest as much as the Canucks. It would also prep him for possible future moves. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I have no problem in management telling players of interest by other teams. If it is in the interest of the Canucks to encourage a particular move, so be it. NTC & NMC give players some control to where they might go. A bargaining position. Obviously management has to be sensitive to relationships. If the player is in the long term plans then management would not need to ask. If not in the long term plans then advising him that there was interest from another club could be in his interest as much as the Canucks. It would also prep him for possible future moves. 

Whatever happens behind closed doors is fine.   We aren't TO or NYR, where an endless supply of free agents wants to come and play here.   Or even Florida because really no taxes and what a lifestyle.   Can't post a letter to the fans like NYR did then just tell your guys in public, sorry we aren't honouring your contracts... or TO's blow up trying as hard a you can to tank for Mathews that Lou orchestrated.    TO and NYR know players will always come.   Vancouver doesn't have that luxury.    Unfortunately.    I also have no problem with this - sure it's what Bieksa went to ANA, Hamhuis almost went back, Burrows went to OTT and Hansen SJ.    But we aren't a club that can blatantly say "sorry your claused we don't care - and your getting traded" either.     JB had to overspend to attract them.   Just hope the capital he built pays dividends, in Myers it did. 

• Like 1