The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Arizona looking to still move Chychrun, Kessel and Crouse?

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Stop the trade Miller scenarios! My god! He is our MVP and unofficial Captain. The Canucks would be nowhere without him and Demko. Please stop. 

There's a clear reason why he's the topic if so many proposals.

Low cap room, expiring contract soon.  Will command a massive raise with serious term.  Highest possible asset piece to a bubble team or contender

16 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Motte as part of a deal for Crouse is quite funny to read...Would take a 1st round pick or good prospect and a 2nd to get him probably. Canucks ain't in a spot to go after younger good players with our recent dumping of high picks, we need to keep picks and try to draft and develop our own Crouse/Chychrun type players in my opinion

You're telling me you'd rather have Motte instead of Crouse?

I guess I could see Kessel getting traded as a rental player given his contract's expiring soon. He's certainly someone who has in the past shown to be able to perform in the playoffs on an already good team.

It's funny actually, I was originally going to post saying I doubt he'd get traded, but the scenario's not actually that bad: final year of contract, points are alright for his age, a stanley cup winner, etc. Like he could legitimately be desired by someone.

Edited by The Lock

On 1/9/2022 at 12:03 AM, Quantum said:

We already gave a lot of assets to get Garland and Ekman-Larsson. If Benning was smarter, he'd have tried to get Chychrun instead of Ekman-Larsson for the assets he gave the Coyotes... especially since OEL basically only gave the Coyotes 2 teams to negotiate with (us and the Bruins).

I don't see Rutherford making runs for these guys. I think he's going to be more of a seller than people realize. Our defense needs a major reno as does our bottom six. He'll make deals and they'll be fast and furious when they start.

Yeah I’m sure it was either or and Benning decided on OEL over Chychrun… :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Not much being said about JB being able to dump old guys with fat contracts onto the desert dogs, which I think is a huge part of that deal.

Dead guys cap hit gone; OEL, and Garly?

Incredible.

Lol. Your post for some reason made picture JB out in the desert wearing a fedora and digging 3 holes.

• Haha 3

Crouse would be a nice addition to our core group age wise, but we can't give up high round picks which is what Arizona would be after. Only player I can think they might have some interest in is Jack Rathbone, but he has more value to Canuck fans compared to the rest of the league. 

11 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Crouse would be a nice addition to our core group age wise, but we can't give up high round picks which is what Arizona would be after. Only player I can think they might have some interest in is Jack Rathbone, but he has more value to Canuck fans compared to the rest of the league. 

Yeah I'd love to acquire Crouse.  6'4" 220lbs, plays hard, and I think it would be a surprise to many that he's on pace for over 40pts this year.  He wouldn't come cheap.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I'd love to acquire Crouse.  6'4" 220lbs, plays hard, and I think it would be a surprise to many that he's on pace for over 40pts this year.  He wouldn't come cheap.

For the price we would pay, we would be better off throwing our name in to the mix for Kane. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, HKSR said:

After seeing Demko get run last night and the Canucks all be pussies about it...ya we need some toughness, but team Charmin lives on and likely won't change sadly

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2022 at 2:04 PM, justathought said:

Pettersson + Rathbone

for

Crouse + Chychrun 

Clears up cash,  and we've been winning without him...

I think you’re onto something here, but I think that’s a little too lopsided to work for the Canucks. 

Pete + 3rd

for 

Crouse + Chychrun

lets us keep the real offensive engine; JT Miller.

• Like 2