The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stars head coach Rick Bowness fined $25,000

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If the league wanted to cut out the complaints, they'd fine the refs 25K when they conduct themselves inappropriately.

Perhaps, but they ain't paid on the same level as coaches and players 

I just don't like that the coach and player fines are so disproportionate 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Or that a coach gets fined for what a player does.

Player gets an instigator in the last 5 minutes of reg. time or overtime and the coach eats a $10,000 fine.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Perhaps, but they ain't paid on the same level as coaches and players 

They're paid plenty when you take the bribes into account.  A couple of fines like that and I bet even Sutherland would stop openly rigging games.

Edited by King Heffy

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Or that a coach gets fined for what a player does.

Player gets an instigator in the last 5 minutes of reg. time or overtime and the coach eats a $10,000 fine.

Yeah, that's ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They're paid plenty when you take the bribes into account.  A couple of fines like that and I bet even Sutherland would stop openly rigging games.

Dunno, mistakes or not I'm not on board with folks closer to making closer to the average person than NHL millionaires being hammered 

Fined, sure, but it needs to proportionate and fair

• Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Yeah, that's ridiculous 

Dunno, mistakes or not I'm not on board with folks closer to making closer to the average person than NHL millionaires being hammered 

Fined, sure, but it needs to proportionate and fair

Eh, it's worth a shot.  If Sutherland pulls his crap, it can and should ruin his life.  Leave the huge fines for the obvious match-fixing; if you make the fine smaller, it will still be profitable for the refs to continue to rig games.

Hold these criminals accountable for their BS; enough is enough and one day someone is going to give one of these dirtbags the Steve Moore special if the league doesn't start penalizing them severely.  Silencing whistleblowers like Bowness is only making the officiating problem worse.

They keep the refs on edge and pay them less so that they can control them ala fixing playoff series.

Tin foil hat or no; you guys know what I mean, Quebec before Us the year the fix was in for Messed pants and the Ranjerks.

(And wasn't Ron MacLean just squirming in his rubber underwear that year!)

Then the year they skewered us and made a joke out of Burr and a heroes out of that KKK goalie and the Rat.

Burr calling out the ref for saying he was going to get him, on tape, and then the ref going out and getting him good; cost us the game; made sure of that.

You might need a tin foil hat to stop receiving these signals.

What I would like to see (or learn about later) is Frankie & Co getting in with the power and having these things go our way from now on.

F'curses and whatnot.

Win the Cup.

• Cheers 2