Stars get 

NYR 2022 1st rounder

Ryan Strome 

Vitali Kravtsov 

Jack Rathbone 

Rangers get 

JT Miller 

Joe Pavelski (Dallas retains 50%)

Vancouver resigns Kilngberg to a 5 year $7,500,000 deal and Peterson becomes 3rd line center or left winger on a ELC 

Let's hear people rip this apart lol

• RoughGame 1

I don't see how we end up winning while giving Klingberg that contract and giving up Miller and not getting picks/prospects back.. 

Only winners are see are Dallas and New York. 

That's way too much for a D of Klingberg's ilk when he'll be 30 before next season begins, and we've already got a D who can produce offense in Hughes. I just don't have interest in Klingberg, I see him as an aging redundancy when we've got a premier puck mover in Hughes, if we're going to be upgrading our D (and I think we should) I'd rather see more well rounded guy brought in. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Canucks get 

John Klingberg

Jacob Peterson 

Stars get 

NYR 2022 1st rounder

Ryan Strome 

Vitali Kravtsov 

Jack Rathbone 

Rangers get 

JT Miller 

Vancouver resigns Kilngberg to a 5 year $7,500,000 deal and Peterson becomes 3rd line center or left winger on a ELC 

Oh big no we get another old D man 29 yrs old going on 30..He will demand 8.5 million X 8 yrs..NO NO NO...

Miller > Klingberg

We aren’t going all in this season, so we could accomplish getting Klingberg just by signing him as a UFA in the summer.  He and OEL are friends, so if we want the player, we should have a good chance at him.  It all depends on how much he wants to make.  He can chase the money and someone will give him $7.5-8 million on a 6 year plus term, we shouldn’t play that game.  If he wants to take less and would sign for $6 million on a 5 year term that would be pretty appealing.

He isn’t the ideal target for us, so I don’t see us using our best trade chip to get him even if he wasn’t an impending UFA.

Klingberg is a very solid d-man. I personally wouldn't mind adding his offense, as I think having two quality offensive defensemen would give us the opportunity to keep the play in the opposition zone more - which is the best way to defend when you don't have A-class defensive defensemen.

But in this deal, we trade away Rathbone who might be that guy - although Peterson likely has the higher NHL likelihood.

I'm also not as sold on getting rid of Miller as some are. I don't think he will be able to sustain this level of performance - especially given he'll be on the wrong side of 30 in a couple of years and likely wants a long-term contract. But he works his butt off and despite being so emotional I think he brings a level of leadership and intensity that rubs off on the other guys, and is pretty much our second captain. 

Finally, the guy is UFA in a year, and I doubt Dallas will be keeping him. Hopefully they get into the playoffs so they don't trade him away, and he just wants to our team in the offseason for free. But if he does, I could see a lot of money invested between he and OEL which may come back to bite us in 2-3 years...

On 1/10/2022 at 4:19 PM, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Canucks get 

John Klingberg

Jacob Peterson 

Stars get 

NYR 2022 1st rounder

Ryan Strome 

Vitali Kravtsov 

Jack Rathbone 

Rangers get 

JT Miller 

I’m getting the feeling that these trade proposals are getting crazier and crazier. Why on earth would we trade JT Miller for these two players and then sign one of them to the same or close to the same thing as what miller is possibly going to want. 
Miller has been our best player ever since he arrived. I’m standing here bouncing my head of the wall at some of these  crazy proposals. 
stop the insanity. 

• Cheers 1