The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks at Lightning, Thurs. Jan.13th @ 4pm, SNET Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

57 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Some fun facts interesting observations for the local Vancouver market/demographics since I've been a Nucks fan since birth.....

It's pretty funny that in decades past, they didn't give a DAMN about recognizing/celebrating Chinese New Year up until recent years.... somebody on the Mangement team found out "oh hey!! lots and lots of china people got $$$ to splash... let's use our warm-up jerseys to market our brand!!"  

Little do they know... people from China (in general) living here don't really give a F about this team/sport... they care more about flipping homes for $$$!!

And also in years past, we were so accustomed to the saying "kung hei fat choy".... and then slowy becoming a similar phrase that's harder to read/pronounce: "gong xi fa cai"??

Just pointing out the objective truth, that is all! the gradual cutlure shift is subtle but it does mean something....  ^^

A truly laughable post dripping with racist undertones (if you can even call them undertones).

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, philtbc829 said:

Well this game just might go the way of the Panthers game, unless they are stronger defensively....but even then IMHO....the Nucks are outclassed, they lose this one as well 4-2 Lightning....but hey Miracles can happen.....B)

I have this feeling that horvat and miller ate going to be monsters tonight and throw the team on their backs

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Barbarian said:

A truly laughable post dripping with racist undertones (if you can even call them undertones).

Woooo cool it boy!! Which part of it was racist?? I take that allegation seriously!! I'm guessing you haven't been paying attention to real estate the last 10+ years and how the Nucks have been marketing this festival. 

Also, I love dim sum and have close friends from HongKong and Taiwan.... Last time I checked these ppl are of Chinese ethnicity.... So don't use the term "racist" so loosely! It's simply not cool! 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Except for the logo, that is one ugly jersey

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Yea it really needed more than just straight red.

Maybe some more gold highlights around the trim? It just looks incomplete.

They always do this. (Just like the Diwali jersey).

A great logo wasted on a practice jersey. Would be nice to put more effort in & make something truly special.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RakuRaku said:

Some fun facts interesting observations for the local Vancouver market/demographics since I've been a Nucks fan since birth.....

It's pretty funny that in decades past, they didn't give a DAMN about recognizing/celebrating Chinese New Year up until recent years.... somebody on the Mangement team found out "oh hey!! lots and lots of china people got $$$ to splash... let's use our warm-up jerseys to market our brand!!"  

Little do they know... people from China (in general) living here don't really give a F about this team/sport... they care more about flipping homes for $$$!!

And also in years past, we were so accustomed to the saying "kung hei fat choy".... and then slowy becoming a similar phrase that's harder to read/pronounce: "gong xi fa cai"??

Just pointing out the objective truth, that is all! the gradual cutlure shift is subtle but it does mean something....  ^^

Know tons of Chinese hockey fans.

It's awesome that the Nucks recognise some of the great cultures that make up Vancouver.

Heck the stadium is almost in China town, one of the oldest areas of the city.

Also, that tiger logo is wicked. 

• Cheers 2