The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks at Lightning, Thurs. Jan.13th @ 4pm, SNET Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

3 minutes ago, -NucksFan said:

Well, valiant effort against  the reining champs 

better outcome than most teams I’d think 

Some team got smoked 6-1 by Tampa the other night on their home ice. We'd all prefer the win, but not a horrible effort. Need better finishing.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Tough loss. Deserve a better fait there. 

The reality is they have 5 players better than anyone on our team. 

Aaaand petey is God awful. I'd be happy to move him and his 7m for just about Anthony right now. 

Is that your annoying neighbor?

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Edler put more goals into his own net than he saved. That was always his thing.

You don't remember goalie Edler? He saved plenty of goals 

He also ate tough minutes with little help from a questionable defense for years

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You don't remember goalie Edler? He saved plenty of goals 

He also ate tough minutes with little help from a questionable defense for years

OEL is about the same as Edler at his best. He’s just paid more so no one cares.

Edited by Me_

In the hunt for long stretches.

Outgunned but we battled hard.

Won't ask for more from wot we got presently.

Though, it was plainly not enough.

Many names missing during Shorty's play-by-play call.

The wilting ones gotta go.

Rutherford's not known for magic.

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

OEL is about the same as Edler at his best. He’s just paid more so no one cares.

I'm not talking about OEL, I'm talking about Edler

I won't stand for Edler slander, he was a rock for us during a long stretch of years where most of our lineup was mediocre at best 

• Vintage 1

lots of players not playing up to their potential or their contract this game/. 4th line contributes and should be the difference if the top 9 match the other team. to only get 1 shot on 4 power plays is not a good effort by the best players we can ice. There is a talent gap between us and the better teams in the league. This is like watching the 80s Canucks against the Oilers. we would out shoot them but when they got a chance they scored. We need a consistent scorer. We thought Petterson was it but he has fallen off a cliff. Someone has to be the finsher.

Playing Brad Hunt over Burroughs has not been a very good move IMHO. Myers has returned to form running into his own players giving the puck up in his own end etc.

when you cant score you dont win.

We can criticize every skater, but we will not win any games if Demko let’s in 9 on less than fifty shots.  We had 90 shots in two games!  We gave up less than fifty.  Demko let in NINE.  If Demko plays like Bubble Boy, we will win our next three.  Boudreaux might play Halak next game though.  

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We can criticize every skater, but we will not win any games if Demko let’s in 9 on less than fifty shots.  We had 90 shots in two games!  We gave up less than fifty.  Demko let in NINE.  If Demko plays like Bubble Boy, we will win our next three.  Boudreaux might play Halak next game though.  

Honestly I thought Demko played good enough for us to win tonight,he’s not the only player on the team