The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I think they will give Pettersson another season to get it going. He is a similar case to Nylander who held out and played terrible after signing but the next season he was back to his normal self. I dont get why Canucks fans are super patient with a bust like Virtanen, gave him 5 years to see if he can become even a decent 2nd liner while we try to rush a trade with a player who won the calder just a couple of seasons ago and had a great playoff. I think he needs a full training camp next season to judge where he is at. If he doesnt go back to normal next season then JR will probably trade him at that point but I think Canucks will be patient with him now, they need to be. I dont want to lose Petersson for a bag of pucks then watch him get 100 points with another team. They will be kicking themselves for a long time if that happened. The only way they trade Petersson now is if it is straight up for someone like Jack Eichel or Trevor Zegras. Other than that it will be a high risk, low reward to trade him now.

100 percent. Trade Petey? For what? His value is lowest it's ever been. Trade Petey and how do they go about getting a number one C? EP, like it or not, is the franchises best hope for a legit number one C. Stick it out. I have faith in the kid. He's too competitive to not figure this out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I say we rank at 14 or so in the league if we play to our potential. I think if Petersson was playing like his calder level year and Boeser was playing like last season then they would rank even higher. We have won the 8 games under Boudreau with Petersson not playing well. 

Yeah that's my thinking as well. We'll see where we settle in. I believe we're playing at .725 under Bruce if we add in the last 2. It's on the high side but .625 would be good for 13th overall. I think we can do it. Will that be enough? Maybe not considering how far back we are but around there or a little higher could get it done.

Edited by Gawdzukes

9 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Dallas getting smoked 7-1 by Florida,  maybe we can get Heiskanen, or Klingberg.

It's just so weird that people have turned on the team after a couple losses to the 2 best teams in the league.

I wouldn’t say people have turned on the team.

They are tired of seeing the same players failing to show up when the team needs them though.

31 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Dallas getting smoked 7-1 by Florida,  maybe we can get Heiskanen, or Klingberg.

It's just so weird that people have turned on the team after a couple losses to the 2 best teams in the league.

Heiskanen is a pipe dream, you've about as good at chance at acquiring him as other teams have at getting Hughes away from us. And we're not a team that should be looking for rentals, if JR wants Klingberg he can inquire prior to UFA. 

I don't think it's people turning on the team so much as people getting frustrated with the no shows and inconsistency we've seen throughout the season. We've been better under Boudreau, granted, but it's a small sample size and we can't pretend we were perfect even when we were winning. People have been frustrated with this squad, and in some cases certain players, for years. This isn't new. 

People want to watch a successful team, having our top six no show breeds frustration. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Why would Dallas trade Heiskanen? Not a chance they move him.

7 hours ago, Odd. said:

Our top guys aren’t contributing jack $&!# is what’s costing us game.

Our depth has been amazing, but it’s nothing If our top guys aren’t performing.

OEL, Petey, Boeser, Horvat.

Unacceptable. OEL has been brutal since he came back from that little injury. IMO, he’s been the biggest disappointment. 

I mean to be fair before the break Bruce did say he wanted to see more contribution from the bottom 6. 

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The best 3:

- Myers can't see the camera lol.

- Podz, ???

- "I don't bet!"

I guess Kane isn't welcome here. LOL. 

Podz? He wasn't in the video was he?

You love Podz so much that you are imagining him everywhere :)

• Vintage 1