The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Petey I’ve defended you but I’m sorry bud you gotta sit.

He looks like he doesn’t even belong in the league let alone in the top 6….

If it wasn’t for previous success and his draft position he’d be in Abbotsford right now he’s been that bad.

Surely Hank and Daniel have had talks with him?Hes in a funk no doubt about it

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not mincing words, I respect that

9 minutes ago, -NucksFan said:

Ah crap next 2 are  weekend AM games 

will that help or hurt their chances 

Hard to say, but they're in tough regardless as the visiting team

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think it helps us. 10am game in Carolina and then an 11am game in Washington. I would not be surprised if we lost both those games. 

the reality is that we could go 0-4 by Sunday afternoon. 

Would a 1-5 road trip kill any chance of making the playoffs? 

Depends on what the teams in front of us do, lately most of them have been winning 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

We were never a cup contender so it was an expected loss with all the time off. They played good against TB, they just dont have any finishers unfortunately. I dont mind trading Boeser for Klington to shake things up. We need more offense from our D.

Boeser has to go.  If we can get a top 3 dman for him itll be a steam.  He gets slower by the game.  He has a decent shot and not much else.  I cant recall another player that does so little in relation to the opportunity hes given.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

Surely Hank and Daniel have had talks with him?Hes in a funk no doubt about it

It’s more than a funk.

Hes not strong enough or fast enough for this league right now. At least not at center that’s for sure.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

We can hang with these top teams as far as the run of play goes, but we aren't finishing at their level.  The problems with this team are on offense, not defense.

Honestly, I think it’s both. Our defense isn’t great, and we don’t seem to be able to produce offense consistently enough. 

When the going gets tough, our top players seem to disappear offensively. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

It’s more than a funk.

Hes not strong enough or fast enough for this league right now. At least not a center that’s for sure.

I want to see him have an off-season where he’s not recovering, and see where he’s at next season. This season for Petey, in my opinion, is a write off. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Despite the loss, the team is still looking competitive; and the [cautious] Boudreau did state - that the playoffs, is secondary and it is more important, that the team is playing more competitive.

Playoffs is secondary? Pretty sure that’s not what Francesco likes to hear. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s more than a funk.

Hes not strong enough or fast enough for this league right now. At least not at center that’s for sure.

It’s fustrating for sure maybe wing is where he belongs

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If Petey is now a winger, who is going to be our future top center? Seems scary that we don’t have one.

I think we need to wait until next season to see if he’s back to his own self. If not, then yeah, we’re in $&!# territory. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I want to see him have an off-season where he’s not recovering, and see where he’s at next season. This season for Petey, in my opinion, is a write off. 

Completely agree. It almost seems he knows it as well. He couldn’t/didn’t do enough this last off-season to improve his game. Contract might have had something to do with it, as well as the wrist.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

It’s more than a funk.

Hes not strong enough or fast enough for this league right now. At least not a center that’s for sure.

Definitely more than a funk.  He looks like a rookie call-up from the farm.  He's just not in it right now and there are guys with a third of the sklll, that will play with 110% more heart that can fill his spot.

It's lesson time

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Playoffs is secondary? Pretty sure that’s not what Francesco likes to hear. 

Just listen to Rutherfords' presser, on where he sees the Canucks in there competitive cycle; and we can perhaps, thank the game postponement, for ending there winning streak ?

Let's see, who the GM hiring will be and what there offseason moves will be.  I hope they will be selling, in the TDL cause the players they really need can only be acquired cheaply, in the draft.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

• -DLC- unfeatured and unpinned this topic