The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Was obvious on paper going in. Just hoping for a 500 road trip. 

If Demko plays equal to his opposite these last two games how many points do we come out with?  We aren’t winning any games against anyone with ?Demko stopping pucks at .825

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Obviously Demko was why we lost these two games.  The numbers are clear.  

There are three players on this team JR, who is a very experienced and smart hockey man, will not trade:  Demko, Petey, and Hughes.  JR knows these three have to potential to be the best at their position and dominate many many games.  These are guys teams win Cups with.  Hughes has been great all year.  Petey has struggled.  Demko has been up and down.  JR will build around these three players.  

Hughes the best at his position?  Did you see him get outmuscled for a goal against tonight for the umpteenth time? 

Petey has played like a 3rd liner the past year.  If we didnt have Horvat and Miller, wed be last place in the league. 

I think JR has been around enough and seen enough cup Champs that he knows we need a legit #1 dman and a legit #1 centre.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think it helps us. 10am game in Carolina and then an 11am game in Washington. I would not be surprised if we lost both those games. 

the reality is that we could go 0-4 by Sunday afternoon. 

Would a 1-5 road trip kill any chance of making the playoffs? 

I think it pretty much would yes.

Just now, Alflives said:

If Demko plays equal to his opposite these last two games how many points do we come out with?  We aren’t winning any games against anyone with ?Demko stopping pucks at .825

Demko isn’t the only player on the team Alf he battled and played well enough to give us a chance imo.Your finger pointing needs to stop lol

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I am sorry if somebody has said that, but I think have Canucks played that game against Ottawa on Saturday, they would one at least one of the last two games.

Playing against one of the worst team isn't going to prepare them playing against one the best. 

It is what it is, this team isn't a playoff team. It never was 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Cromeslab said:

Demko isn’t the only player on the team Alf he battled and played well enough to give us a chance imo.Your finger pointing needs to stop lol

Bubble Demko is top five in the world.  But he was terrible these last two games.  Our guys just dominated two games.  We gave up less than fifty shots.  He let in NINE!  We got near to 90 shots.  The other goalies let in FOUR!  

If other Canuck fans are going to point fingers at Miller, Petey, Bo, OEL, etc, then we need to do the same with our MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER - Demko.  Those guys can have bad games, and we can still win.  If Demko has a bad game, we see what happens.  We lose.  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yeah, he is a difference maker for sure when he is on.

Just like when the team only wins because of him, now the team needs to give him some run support when he is not perfect. 

Some of chances given up are bad though, like that 2-0.   

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bubble Demko is top five in the world.  But he was terrible these last two games.  Our guys just dominated two games.  We gave up less than fifty shots.  He let in NINE!  We got near to 90 shots.  The other goalies let in FOUR!  

If other Canuck fans are going to point fingers at Miller, Petey, Bo, OEL, etc, then we need to do the same with our MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER - Demko.  Those guys can have bad games, and we can still win.  If Demko has a bad game, we see what happens.  We lose.  

Demko definitely isn’t the problem but I do agree that he needs to play at least equally as good as the opposing goalie. Canucks played hard and their top players need to find a way to score or they won’t win, but at the same time he needs to play equal to the other goaltender. Also he let 8 in, not 9. The empty net doesn’t count.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Yeah, he is a difference maker for sure when he is on.

Just like when the team only wins because of him, now the team needs to give him some run support when he is not perfect. 

Some of chances given up are bad though, like that 2-0.   

That’s a very good point.  It would be great if the opponents’ goalies played crappy too.  Then we score 12 goals on those 90 shots.  But the other two goalies played really well.  And that’s why the goalie is the most important player.  

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Sure but the top players have to be top players consistently. This team always has had players play hot or go cold all at the same time. They are very consistently inconsistent.

All elite teams go through those same struggles on the rise to the top.

• Cheers 1

Just now, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

We are being knocked down to reality.

Time for JR to put his stamp on this team.

Against average teams we can look pretty good.

Against the top teams the holes that Benning left are pretty glaring.

D needs major upgrades as well as our role players. Could use another legit top 6 forward too.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

We were never a cup contender so it was an expected loss with all the time off. They played good against TB, they just dont have any finishers unfortunately. I dont mind trading Boeser for Klington to shake things up. We need more offense from our D.

Klingberg would be nice if we were a contender but we are not. Also, Klingberg will be 30 this summer. If we trade anybody it needs to be for someone under 25 given our core players. If we keep our core, I still don’t see this team as a strong playoff team for about 2 years (assuming our skill level and toughness improves).