The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Carolina Hurricanes | Jan. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I believe the Rutherford et Al will have been using this road trip as their metric for value and trade pieces

Pettersson love him or not should be available

Boeser available

Miller available

Hunt/Dickenson the bottom 6 available.

This next two years will be a rebuild of a rebuild and that's that.

On a side note...I swear I heard a rumour involving tallon as a possible interview for the GM position.  Unsure if true or not but I'd enjoy that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

8-0-1 and then 0-3-0 still equates to 8-3-1, if we play at even 7-3-0 for the rest of the season then we make the playoffs. Just have to make sure this blep is because of the long layoff/rough schedule and not the status quo, it's too early to tell which is which. I think the upcoming home trip will really shed light onto how good we really are because we play some quality opponents at home. 

3 steps forward, only 2 steps back this time as opposed to with Green where it was 1 step forward 3 steps back.

i like your ability to see the bigger picture. I'm still angry over the lazy performance. I thought the first two losses would have upped their intensity, but the reverse happened. Not a good show of character.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The environment that he created zapped the confidence out of all of our players. 

Yes he’s a big part of it. 

The last time we fired Green, we went on an insane winning streak.

Can we do it again? Have JR announced that we're re-fired Green? Maybe itll work again...

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Well to be fair, we know where we’re at now lol quite a ways off from the cup contending teams

And that’s fine. Nobody expects us to be a cup contender right now.

We need to compete hard first and foremost though. Todays effort was not nearly good enough.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

They've also had their worst seasons under Green too. Can't include this season cause he just got replaced

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

And clearly that “success” fizzled out hence the coaching change.

From the sounds of it Green was just a miserable person yelling at everyone in the end.

Not a great environment for young guys to thrive in.

I'm not saying Green shouldn't have been replaced but to place all of the blame on a former coach is pretty weak. Horvat, Miller, Hughes have all been fairly consistent despite playing for Green. No one is lining up to give Green props for the performance of those players.

Boeser has trouble hitting the net, never mind picking a corner. That's not coaching. Pettersson has played poorly all year. Maybe it's his wrist? I don't know. I just think "blame Green" is too convenient of an excuse and flawed logic.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I believe the Rutherford et Al will have been using this road trip as their metric for value and trade pieces

Pettersson love him or not should be available

Boeser available

Miller available

Hunt/Dickenson the bottom 6 available.

This next two years will be a rebuild of a rebuild and that's that.

On a side note...I swear I heard a rumour involving tallon as a possible interview for the GM position.  Unsure if true or not but I'd enjoy that.

I think whether or not the fan base will like it a lot more players are available than we think, the only truly safe Canucks might be Demko and Hughes. I’m sure we have some young guys they won’t give up on but he’s gonna change this team a lot IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

i like your ability to see the bigger picture. I'm still angry over the lazy performance. I thought the first two losses would have upped their intensity, but the reverse happened. Not a good show of character.

The loses don't bother me so much they where pretty much expected what bothers me is the complete no show of the core.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

On the plus side. No sign of the drop pass today.

ahhh,  I sure miss the olden days when Edler did that.  Was as sure as the sun coming up.........and almost guaranteed a chuckle or two every game.....

That is one of bad habits that Green reinforced.  Rather than get them to drive fast and hard up the ice, he taught the team to go slow and steady.   No element of surprise or killer instinct evident on this team.  Everything is green scripted.   Lots of bad green habits to break.   

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1

No denying we played a bad game, but at the same time Carolina was crazy good. Thought we did ok against FLA and TB but if you don't score it doesn't really matter how well you play.

I wonder - is there really a team in the west that stands a chance against any of TB/FLA/CAR (or even PIT or BOS) in the playoffs? I'm guessing no.