The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Jan. 16, 2022 @ 11:00 am

Rate this topic

goalie13

the half way mark of the canucks season (for games played) is a week away tomorrow. hopefully they can regroup and get going again. it's hard to watch when they fall back into bad habits, it's almost lazy hockey. I'm sure bruce will get them out of that.

4 hours ago, khay said:

There's no way we make the playoffs if Petey continues to struggle.

Bruce needs to find a way to get Petey going.

It's not on Bruce at this point, there is a level of accountability here. Petey needs to get Petey going.

I’m hoping for a win tomorrow morning. 

But I can see this trip ending up 1-5. We’ll win one, whether that’s in Washington tomorrow, or Nashville. 

If we go 0-5, I think we’re done with the playoffs, and we should be sellers at the trade deadline. 

We need a character or leader to really lift us through this. Whether it's Miller, Demko or Bruce, someone needs to rally the guys. We can't lose 4 in a row or all the hard work to get here is basically ruined.

This road trip was always going to be a big hit on our playoff chances, we're just trying to go into damage control now. Drop 3 games below .500 again and we'll really struggle to hit 5 games above .500. 

I think Miller leads us through this, 5-3 Canucks, JT with a hat trick.

Real adversity since Bruce took over. Let's see how they respond. 

Tought they didn't play poorly esp first two road games. 

Some teams are just so good and on a winning streak. Nux out for a week or more with multiple players isolated for testing positive. It will take a while for them to get back in their groove. 

• Vintage 2

We definately miss Hamonic on his game.. our bigger problem though (or close to it) is forwards losing point coverage trying to help out the D which is killng us because the timing has to be perfect to get to the point Dman if he gets passed to and it's a huge concern because other teams forwards collapse looking for rebounds and do screens. This has to change, we got exposed for it finally and could have lost games in the win streak as it was a problem then but Demko, well was Demko BUT we need to be better positionally and pass faster especially on the power play and put a guy to the front of the net.. sooner or later the goals will come in bunches if that gets solved.

Edited by iceman64
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Real adversity since Bruce took over. Let's see how they respond. 

Tought they didn't play poorly esp first two road games. 

Some teams are just so good and on a winning streak. Nux out for a week or more with multiple players isolated for testing positive. It will take a while for them to get back in their groove. 

Fla, seems to be peaking to begin the year, whereas, the Canucks, is headed in the opposite direction.

I hope they get a win, mostly because this town'll eat them up if they lose any more on this trip.  

I've honestly had enough negativity with COVID and worries and whatever.  Hockey's fun for me and I will never not cheer my team on.  Every one of them.

They've played better lately and people do overlook that a long lay off followed by a very tough road trip likely won't be all wins.  Just compete, that's what I ask of my team.  And they've been giving me that.

GO CANUCKS GO

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

13 against on only 80 shots.  What can we do differently?  

I generally agree with what you say, Alf....but Demko's faced more shots than any other goaltender aside from Saros.  He's really not an issue (at all).  Our guys sometimes get pinned in their end and it gets a little chaotic...that has to be cleaned up.

• Vintage 4