The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Jan. 16, 2022 @ 11:00 am

Rate this topic

goalie13

11 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I hope they get a win, mostly because this town'll eat them up if they lose any more on this trip.  

I've honestly had enough negativity with COVID and worries and whatever.  Hockey's fun for me and I will never not cheer my team on.  Every one of them.

They've played better lately and people do overlook that a long lay off followed by a very tough road trip likely won't be all wins.  Just compete, that's what I ask of my team.  And they've been giving me that.

GO CANUCKS GO

"Very tough" is an understatement.  On paper, they should lose every game of this trip.  Luckily, the games aren't played on paper.

I have mostly liked how they have played on this trip so far.  Hopefully they will get rewarded for their efforts today and/or Tuesday.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

be a threat on the PP. Teams are very relaxed when they know you won't hurt them short handed. 

This is the difference maker. They can take liberties, take chances and are not afraid to take a penalty to save a goal because you cant hurt us on the PP

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

9 hours ago, Meh said:

It's not on Bruce at this point, there is a level of accountability here. Petey needs to get Petey going.

I feel Bruce has sent this message in his interview....that coaches have done all they can do and now it's up to Petey.

The only thing is...some feel he just doesn't care and is arrogant.  I don't believe that for a second, Petey HATES losing and not producing and I feel he IS desperately trying to get it back.  Trying too hard maybe and once he relaxes a bit more it'll come.  He's trying to force it and is overthinking things.  It's pretty obvious.  But I can't kick him when he's down because he seems to really care.  Despite what his contract is.

The guy had some rotten luck yesterday...hockey Gods were slapping him around.  I'm just glad he's ok after that skate incident...could've been reallllly bad.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

5 goals for and none on the power play the last three games. Gotta score to win in this league.

Got to score and get better than .848 between the pipes.  If we played 82 games and in every game we outshot the other team 37 to 23 I think (especially with Bubble Demko) we win 50+.  

Yes we need to score on our chances, especially the PP.  But we need to saw-off on the goaltending matchups too. 

It’s a team, and the player who can influence the game the most is wearing the big pads.  

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Time for him to sit around and not play again, this sounds all too familiar...Need this guy playing in the AHL getting reps and figuring his game out. Ian Clark can go see him in Abbotsford when he is in town, do we consider trading Mikey...he is gonna need waivers next year no? As of now, sure doesn't seem like he can be a back up next season with his poor stats and lack of playing the last 2 seasons

15 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Hopefully we can dig up a point. We finally got to the part of the road trip where the game is winnable.

All games are winnable.  Or at least we need to think they are.  We need to aim for a win, not "a point".  We can do it if we believe, but we have to start by believing we can.  We've actually been playing well, we just need to convert that into a win.  GCG!

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Got to score and get better than .848 between the pipes.  If we played 82 games and in every game we outshot the other team 37 to 23 I think (especially with Bubble Demko) we win 50+.  

Yes we need to score on our chances, especially the PP.  But we need to saw-off on the goaltending matchups too. 

It’s a team, and the player who can influence the game the most is wearing the big pads.  

Using save % to rate goalies game to game is reductive at best, even over a whole season it's more indicative of how well a team defends as a whole than how good the guy in net is. Not to mention you've even been blaming Demko for the empty netter against Tampa.

IMO the one goal Andersen let in yesterday was softer than any of the one's Demko let through. Nucks issues are further up ice and include poor back checking, lack of offence (especially the PP), JT and Hunt's repeated brainfarts in our own end, and our franchise centre playing like a rotten turnip. The All Star goalie on a bargain contract is the least of our problems.

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1