The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (16-22) 2022

Rate this topic

Just now, DeNiro said:

I guess they have to play the Bolts tomorrow and want to keep Petersen fresh.

Meier could have a touchdown on Quick before this is done!

Wow! I hate both those teams. However considering how well the Kings have been playing and are ahead of the Sharks. This is most excellent 

• Cheers 1

Kings play Tampa and then Avs next.

Hopefully they go on a 3 game losing streak.

We almost imploded here when we lost to Florida, Tampa and Carolina lol

Imagine had we go blown out by the Sharks... or gave up a 3-1 Lead to the Sens like the Oilers

Man I really hope we can catch all these suckas.

• Cheers 1

Meier with the rare five goal game.

What's crazy is San Jose hasn't been the better team, LA is handily outplaying them, but Meier just can't miss. This one's on Quick and their defense, but mostly Quick.

LA's outshooting them 30-12 as of this post. 

Edited by Coconuts

LA vs San Jose is a game the that hurts us either way, but at least it likely won't be a three point game. 

Central division is getting at least one wildcard spot, maybe both given the games in hand Dallas and Winnipeg have. Pacific is jammed packed with all four Cali teams topping the division. Edmonton and Calgary have games in hand on everyone in the division. 

35 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

LA vs San Jose is a game the that hurts us either way, but at least it likely won't be a three point game. 

Central division is getting at least one wildcard spot, maybe both given the games in hand Dallas and Winnipeg have. Pacific is jammed packed with all four Cali teams topping the division. Edmonton and Calgary have games in hand on everyone in the division. 

Calgary’s schedule is going to be a nightmare now.

If the Oilers don’t get goaltending they’re gonna keep falling.

Realistically I think we gotta beat out the Ducks and Sharks with the Kings taking the number two spot.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Realistically I think we gotta beat out the Ducks and Sharks with the Kings taking the number two spot.

It is, but I see Calgary holding up better than Edmonton. Despite their slide they've got a team capable of being better than they've been.

I think it'll have to be a #3 spot if this team has any chance. Central's taking a minimum of one of those wildcard spots, possibly both. I wouldn't count Winnipeg out. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It is, but I see Calgary holding up better than Edmonton. Despite their slide they've got a team capable of being better than they've been.

I think it'll have to be a #3 spot if this team has any chance. Central's taking a minimum of one of those wildcard spots, possibly both. I wouldn't count Winnipeg out. 

Cow pies have a goalie.  Soilers don’t.  We will finish second or third in our division.  

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cow pies have a goalie.  Soilers don’t.  We will finish second or third in our division.  

If we bounce back quick and don't have any more lengthy losing skids we've got a chance

But our margin for error is razer thin given how the California teams have been playing 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It's games like today that make me think LAK are beatable if Quick and/or Peterson get in a rut. It’s also possible an injury strikes at any moment and causes a tailspin for them or any other team for that matter.

Gotta beat 5 of the 7 to make it:

LAK, ANA, SJS, CGY, WPG, EDM, DAL

Definitely doable imo.